Thread: SE Slip Ons and Stage I Download

HubrisII Guest

Default SE Slip Ons and Stage I Download

Hi! Quick question. After the rave review of your new SE series slip ons in Hot Bike's new Bagger magazine (they rated number one for torque, and number two for horsepower), I want to install them on my 2005 police model Road King (FLHPEI).

I also want to install the new K&N air filter kit for Harley Twin cams (the one that comes with it's own backing plate and a velocity stack).

My question is this: is a stage 1 download going to be enough modification to my ECM to run this setup? I'm not so concerned about the additional power I might eke out by using a SERT or an aftermarket re-mapper. I just want to make sure my Fuel/Air mixture is correct so I won't damage my bike and it will be reliable. In the Bagger magazine article, the mechanics said that the Stage 1 download was providing appropriate fuel/air ratios for the combination of your pipes and the basic Harley Screaming Eagle air cleaner.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HubrisII View Post
    Hi! Quick question. After the rave review of your new SE series slip ons in Hot Bike's new Bagger magazine (they rated number one for torque, and number two for horsepower), I want to install them on my 2005 police model Road King (FLHPEI).

I also want to install the new K&N air filter kit for Harley Twin cams (the one that comes with it's own backing plate and a velocity stack).

My question is this: is a stage 1 download going to be enough modification to my ECM to run this setup? I'm not so concerned about the additional power I might eke out by using a SERT or an aftermarket re-mapper. I just want to make sure my Fuel/Air mixture is correct so I won't damage my bike and it will be reliable. In the Bagger magazine article, the mechanics said that the Stage 1 download was providing appropriate fuel/air ratios for the combination of your pipes and the basic Harley Screaming Eagle air cleaner.

Thanks!

Thanks for your interest in SuperTrapps! It is hard to say whether you will need more than a stage 1, altitude and humidity also affect the tuning! Our suggestion would be to put the SE Slipons on the bike with the new airfilter and take it for a ride. You will be able to determine if you need to richen up the fuel by the way the bike runs. If your bottom end is suffering and you are getting alot of popping when you roll off the throttle at speed then you are running too lean and need to richen up the fuel.

We would like to suggest that you purchase the SuperTrapp SE Slipons with the EFI Control Unit and Profilter, part # 898-65116, US$895.00.

If you have additional questions or want to place an order please email me directly at hugger@supertrapp.com.

Thanks, Gerry