Thread: Kerker Vs Supertrapp

Dow Davis Guest

Question Kerker Vs Supertrapp

I have an 08 FLHT and want to get a little more performance but will not be doing any motor work other than mufflers and Screaming Eagle cleaner kit. I would like to get a little more noise but not to much. I have narrowed my choice of slip ons down to the Supertrapp SE's or the Kerker slip ons. I read the shoot out in Hot Baggers and they both performed very closely. What are the differances between the two. Are they the same dimension ( diameter and length? Can you repack both? Will I have to re map with one vs the other? Does the Kerker have the internal heat shield? Thanks in advance for your help.

bschultz Guest

The SE's have the inner shield, (the core is a cartridge type) making it non-servicable.
    The Kerker (K-3 core) is servicable. The core and muffler bodies are interchangable (same dimensions). The core design of the SE's give it a deeper tone than the Kerker.
    In our testing of the SE's and Kerker slip-ons with the '07-08 "new closed-loop FI" we did not find a need to remap or the use of an after market fuel controller.
    Last edited by bschultz; 07-11-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Pumba11 Guest

It my opion that for a touring bike you would like the SE's better than the Kerker. I love mine. Deep rumble when hitting it, but radio worthy at cruising speed.

I've heard the Kerkers on a Road King and felt they sounded more like a softail if that makes any sense to you.