Thread: Vmax Open End Caps

5.0_Junkie Guest

Default Vmax Open End Caps

I own the Stainless ST Slip ons on my Vmax. When I originally installed these I was going from the Stock pipes and enjoyed the new louder supertrapp sound. However I noticed that my ears would ring when I was done like I went to a loud concert. Personlly I did not think the supertrapps were that loud, I though they gave a nice sound.

What I think may be happening is the angle of the pipes and the fact that the sound is coming out the sides of the discs. I was running 8 discs per side then went to 6 per side to quiet it down but it still left My ears ringing!

1) So what would happen if I ran the open end caps with no disc or like 2 disks + the open end caps per side, would this direct the sound out the back and not towards my ears like a normal exhaust system?

2) How many disks do the open end caps equal on the vmax and would I have to rejet also?

3) Would these caps "Pictures below" work with the 2 vmax slipons, it looks like the disk go inside the cap and redirect all the sound out the back?

FYI -- I have raced many loud 2 stokes CR250 and never had my ears ring from riding.

Thx
    Attached Images Attached Images

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0_Junkie View Post
    I own the Stainless ST Slip ons on my Vmax. When I originally installed these I was going from the Stock pipes and enjoyed the new louder supertrapp sound. However I noticed that my ears would ring when I was done like I went to a loud concert. Personlly I did not think the supertrapps were that loud, I though they gave a nice sound.

What I think may be happening is the angle of the pipes and the fact that the sound is coming out the sides of the discs. I was running 8 discs per side then went to 6 per side to quiet it down but it still left My ears ringing!

1) So what would happen if I ran the open end caps with no disc or like 2 disks + the open end caps per side, would this direct the sound out the back and not towards my ears like a normal exhaust system?
    See answer # 2, yes.

2) How many disks do the open end caps equal on the vmax and would I have to rejet also?
    Expect the open end cap to flow for 10-12 discs. You MAY need to go to a stage I.

3) Would these caps "Pictures below" work with the 2 vmax slipons, it looks like the disk go inside the cap and redirect all the sound out the back?
    You shouldn't need to run any discs with the end caps pictured.

FYI -- I have raced many loud 2 stokes CR250 and never had my ears ring from riding.

Thx