Thread: 2010 FLHX with Nightsticks

peerm13 Guest

Default 2010 FLHX with Nightsticks

I've got a 2010 Street Glide with a 103 engine (originally a 96 but with a dealer installed 103 kit), SE air cleaner with K&N filter, and Nightstick slip-on. Recently I replaced the stock headers with a cat-free set and installed a Power Commander V. I'll be having it dyno tuned with individual cyclinder maps.

Can you recommend a good starting point for number of discs, closed or open, etc.?

bschultz Guest

Assuming you stayed with the 2:1 (single muffler) NightStick, which came with 10 discs ana closed end-cap. An additional 6-10 discs may be used with a closed end-cap or the addition/replacement of an "open" end cap, which flows for 8-10 discs and will provide more sound volume.
    We have a "tune kit" available for the NightStick which includes additinal discs (10), open end cap, screws, security wrench; P/N 404-7881
    Also available is a performance "tuner core", which is made with a perforated core and "pillow pack" packing for a deeper sound.

peerm13 Guest

I ended up running 15 discs with a closed cap. It ran strong with only occasional decal pop. A dyno tuning produced 70HP and 88TQ.

I've now added a S&S 551 Easy Start Camshaft kit. The shop dyno tuned it to approx. 70HP and 94TQ. They didn't try any changes to the disc setup. I've only got a few hundred miles on it so far. It pulls really well from about 2000-4500 rpm, but the mileage has dropped from 40 down to about 30mpg. I'm going to take it back to the tuner and see if we can improve those numbers any.

What changes, if any, would you recommend to my NightStick setup? Thanks.

bschultz Guest

The disc count you are currently running is most likely optimal for your current set up. Adding or removing discs may result in a minor performance increase, however keep in mind; even though you are running a "cat-free" headpipe the primaries are 1.75" with a 1.75" collector attached to a muffler with an 1.75" inlet (w/2.0" core). Our 2:1 "Performance" systems, for most V-Twins, run 1.75" primaries into a 2.0" or 2.5" collector matched up to a muffler with a 2.0" or 2.5" inlet/core assembly.