Thread: Silent Series Retrofit (follow up)

HotRock Guest

Default Silent Series Retrofit (follow up)

My interest is much the same as the previous thread by Jab764. I have an older Supertrapp 2 into1 on my 99 Dyna. It was installed when these systems became available in 2000. It has been on my bike through several engine builds, currently running a 116" TC engine. Now I would also like to install the Silent Series Baffle in my exhaust. Will the same part # 041-7450 fit my mufffler? Or will I have to wait until the new SS is available for my Dyna?

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HotRock View Post
    My interest is much the same as the previous thread by Jab764. I have an older Supertrapp 2 into1 on my 99 Dyna. It was installed when these systems became available in 2000. It has been on my bike through several engine builds, currently running a 116" TC engine. Now I would also like to install the Silent Series Baffle in my exhaust. Will the same part # 041-7450 fit my mufffler? Or will I have to wait until the new SS is available for my Dyna?
    To better assist you please provide me with a part number from your muffler body. You will find one stamped in one of two places. On the back of a welded on bracket or on the inlet (may need to move clamp).

HotRock Guest

Thanks for the quick response, the number on the front of the muffler is
    027 7144 and yer right, was under the clamp.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HotRock View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, the number on the front of the muffler is
    027 7144 and yer right, was under the clamp.
    Yes, P/N 041-7450 would be the Silent Series baffle for this muffler body. Keep in mind that there may be a sacrifice in performance for a quieter exhaust.

HotRock Guest

Thanks, BShultz.......I'll head on out to the dealer and see if he will place an order for me. If the baffle proves to be too quiet or I lose more power than I can stand, I can always change it back. I would like to hear from some people that have run the Silent Series and know what their opinions are on them.

jab764 Guest

I don't have many miles on my silent baffle yet. It is definitely quieter, I'm still playing with the number of disks to use. I'm running it on an 04 Ultra Classic with stage 1 aircleaner and download. Also have gone with gear drive 26g cams. Currently I'm using 14 disks, I found that 14 is the number of disks supplied with the new silent series 2:1 for the softtails and I'm not sure what the recommended number of disks should be for my application.

Quote Originally Posted by jab764 View Post
    I don't have many miles on my silent baffle yet. It is definitely quieter, I'm still playing with the number of disks to use. I'm running it on an 04 Ultra Classic with stage 1 aircleaner and download. Also have gone with gear drive 26g cams. Currently I'm using 14 disks, I found that 14 is the number of disks supplied with the new silent series 2:1 for the softtails and I'm not sure what the recommended number of disks should be for my application.
    There is not a set # of discs to use that will be correct for everyone. Depending on modifications, altitude and humidity the # of discs to use will vary. Please note that using more than 14 discs will not give you more flow because of the design of the baffle.