Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1340 Night Train with 2/2 Supertrapp Mufflers

p-p Guest

Default 1340 Night Train with 2/2 Supertrapp Mufflers

Hi, for my first thread I would like to apoligize for my poor english. I leave in the french part of Switzerland and I usually speak french !!

I ride a 1340 Softail Night Train, with an Hypercharger (carb is rejetted) and 2 Supertrapp Mufflers (Internal discs) on stock head pipes. The engine is stock.

My question is :

What would be the best combination for my bike. I do not ride like a dragster and what I need is the best torque and response to the throttle.

How much discs in each muffler would you mount ?

Would you use the open or the closed end caps ?

Thank you for your help !

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p-p View Post
    Hi, for my first thread I would like to apoligize for my poor english. I leave in the french part of Switzerland and I usually speak french !!

I ride a 1340 Softail Night Train, with an Hypercharger (carb is rejetted) and 2 Supertrapp Mufflers (Internal discs) on stock head pipes. The engine is stock.

My question is :

What would be the best combination for my bike. I do not ride like a dragster and what I need is the best torque and response to the throttle.

Start tuning with 7-8 discs on the left and twice as many on the right with the closed end-caps.

p-p Guest

On the left ? On the right ? I think we dont understand us. I have 2 mufflers but on the same side, not one left and one right !

If I follow you, it would give 12 discs in each muffler ? (8 + 16 = 24 and 24 /2 = 12)

bschultz Guest

On the left ? On the right ? I think we dont understand us. I have 2 mufflers but on the same side, not one left and one right !

If I follow you, it would give 12 discs in each muffler ? (8 + 16 = 24 and 24 /2 = 12)
    My bad, start with 12-14 on each muffler.

p-p Guest

Thank you ! I will try this.

I have another question about open/end caps. But I will create a new thread for it.

Thank you ! I will try this.

I have another question about open/end caps. But I will create a new thread for it.
    Open endcaps will give you more flow and more sound. If you plan to use the open endcap you will need to remove 6 discs from each muffler to maintain the same performance, so if you are running 14 discs with the closed endcap then you will be using 8 discs and the open endcap! If you have any sound regulations where you live then you will not want to use the open endcaps.

p-p Guest

Hi, another question :

I would like to take off the crossover pipe between the 2 headers, that I find ugly !!!!

As each muffler will get twice exhaust gas without the crossover, do I have to modify the settings of the mufflers ?

More discs perhaps ????

My question is :

Hello, I would put on 12 discs with the closed end cap. This will give you more torque & throttle response. Have you tried anything yet?

Also if you use the open end cap you will use less discs to have the same performance and you will be much louder.

Please email me so that I can send you some additional information.
    onehugger@supertrapp.com

Regards, Gerry

p-p Guest

Hi, another question :

I would like to take off the crossover pipe between the 2 headers, that I find ugly !!!!

As each muffler will get twice exhaust gas without the crossover, do I have to modify the settings of the mufflers ?

More discs perhaps ????
    Thanks Hugger, my 1340 runs very good with the help I had one year ago, but I would like now to take off the crossover tube and I was asking if there is a change in settings..

p-p Guest

Sorry to ask again...

What should I change in settings (number of discs) when I don't use the crossover tube ?

I bought the headers without the crossover and now each muffler gets more flow !

What do you think about 21 discs and closed end caps ?

Thanks for your help !!