Thread: 1985 Honda V65 Sabre--what to use?

skwowtne Guest

Default 1985 Honda V65 Sabre--what to use?

Helllllp! Here's what I got: 1985 V65 Sabre 1100cc V-Four. I installed a 4 into 1 header by Mac. Standard 2" pipe, about a foot between the end of the head pipe and the mounting point (footpeg bracket). I don't like the rattle sound of the Mac so I pulled a Kerker made for a 1980 CB750 and stuck it on, which works fine but it's a little loud for my taste. (I have metal shop so I can make brackets and the like if need be.) What I 'd like to know is: 1) what is the best overall slip-on that I can put on my bike that will give it a deeper but not necessarily louder sound? Think rumble without the roar--of course I expect some noise when it's time to roll on for the jump to lightspeed but I don't want to dusturb the neighbors more than necessary. 2) Am I hurting my Saber with a can made for a 750? Most I've asked have said no, but they're not experts.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skwowtne View Post
    Helllllp! Here's what I got: 1985 V65 Sabre 1100cc V-Four. I installed a 4 into 1 header by Mac. Standard 2" pipe, about a foot between the end of the head pipe and the mounting point (footpeg bracket). I don't like the rattle sound of the Mac so I pulled a Kerker made for a 1980 CB750 and stuck it on, which works fine but it's a little loud for my taste. (I have metal shop so I can make brackets and the like if need be.) What I 'd like to know is: 1) what is the best overall slip-on that I can put on my bike that will give it a deeper but not necessarily louder sound? Think rumble without the roar--of course I expect some noise when it's time to roll on for the jump to lightspeed but I don't want to dusturb the neighbors more than necessary. 2) Am I hurting my Saber with a can made for a 750? Most I've asked have said no, but they're not experts.
    1) We do not offer a slip-on application for the '85 V65. We do offer a full 4:1 Kerker K-Series system. You may want to look at our Universal line of mufflers, the SuperLite Stainless might be a good option.
    2)I don't see any problems with the 750 muffler as long as your not running to lean.
    You may want to look at repacking the muffler you're using, it may quiet it down a bit.