Thread: Honda ATC350X insert options...

350X'inNY Guest

Default Honda ATC350X insert options...

I am in the process of upgrading my exhaust on one of my daily rider 3 wheelers. I'm old school... anyway, in talking to some of my old 3 wheeler friends, back in the day, they use to put the SuperTrapp inserts into Cobra pipes, as from what I understand, Cobra use to make some of the first Supertrapp/DG pipes.

I currently have a COBRA megaphone exhaust on my daily rider 350X. It's too loud and I was wondering if one of the SuperTrapp 12-disc inserts packing would fit interchange into my COBRA megaphone exhaust. IF not, wondering what options I have without buying the 4" aluminum racing exhaust. It wouldn't be bad if this was a restoration trike, but for a daily rider, I'd like to utilize what I got.

Thanks for any info!
    Bruce "Hondaline" Hartman

350X'inNY Guest

A friend of mine has the SuperTrapp insert in her DG RCM pipe.... her's some dimensions and such on it....

Cool,
    I did some measurement.. 2 1/2 " opening to header..

Endcap (without tearing it apart, royal pain to put back together) between 3 3/4 to 4 " Eyeballing it... Discs are 3".

It says this on the sparkarrester..
    Super TRAPP USAFS APPROVED spark arrestor T-100

The length of pipe before bend is aprox 7 1/2" s
    Here's a link to a pic of her SuperTrapp insert in the DG Pipe....

Here's a link to a pic of my 350X with the COBRA megaphone exhaust....

Thought this extra info might help.... look forward to hearing some answers!

Bruce

bschultz Guest

DG did not make pipes for SuperTrapp; however several years ago DG did use some of our component parts for products they marketed. All of our off-road end-caps are marked as such (USFS APPROVED).
    We are not able to open the pictures you have sent. If you would like to send them via email, we may be able to assist you...sales@supertrapp.com

350X'inNY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    DG did not make pipes for SuperTrapp; however several years ago DG did use some of our component parts for products they marketed. All of our off-road end-caps are marked as such (USFS APPROVED).
    We are not able to open the pictures you have sent. If you would like to send them via email, we may be able to assist you...sales@supertrapp.com
    I will send you the pics via email with a link to this thread on your site. Thanks for the help!!!

Bruce "Hondaline" Hartman

350X'inNY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz
    03-13-2008 05:09 PM
    I sent the pics on 3/15/08 ... haven't heard back from anyone. My email is atc350x250r@hotmail.com . If you want, I could email them to you directly.

Bruce

bschultz Guest

Look for an email from me to attach the pictures in a reply. We have a pretty tough firewall and some times things do not get through.