Thread: Mean Mother II LOUD

brokert Guest

Default Mean Mother II LOUD

The stock exaust on my '93 Ultra Classic gave up the ghost, so I bought a set of Mean Mother II's on Ebay. They are great pipes, look terriffic, but they are WAY WAY to loud. Is there anything I can do to quiet them down? They seem to have the baffels in, so I don't know what else I can do, but they are ear splitting and need to be toned down quite a bit.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brokert View Post
    The stock exaust on my '93 Ultra Classic gave up the ghost, so I bought a set of Mean Mother II's on Ebay. They are great pipes, look terriffic, but they are WAY WAY to loud. Is there anything I can do to quiet them down? They seem to have the baffels in, so I don't know what else I can do, but they are ear splitting and need to be toned down quite a bit.
    The Mean Mothers are "Drag" pipes. The removable louvered baffles are the only means for decreasing the sound level.

nighteagle Guest

Default loud meanmothers

I do believe they sell quiet baffles for those pipes , I have a set on my fxr ,yes they are loud but on mine it is not bad. quiet baffles may still give you a nice rumble.