Thread: Mean Mothers install on a EFI K-9

Default Mean Mothers install on a EFI K-9

Just purchased an '08 Big Dog K-9 with fuel injection. I really want to be able to install a set of these (Mean Mothers) pipes on bike. Has this been done? Is it possible? Which one will work/won't work? Stock bracket for existing pipes will/won't work w/MM? Bungs for O2 sensors need drilling????? So many questions and so difficult finding answers. Thanks much!

bschultz Guest

We made an after market option exclusively for Big Dig in the Mean Mother line. Check for availability with the folks at;

www.bdm.com

p/n 138-71900, Mean Mother Slip-Ons specifically for the Big Dog, 559.00 and they are in stock, call customer service.

Default Learning curve

thanks to both you gentlemen for that information. I went to visit a cycle shop that was a an authorized Big Dog repair center. Not too far from the house and I asked them the same question I asked here. They're answer, Mean Mothers that would directly bolt up to my 08 K9 would have to come from 2006 to 2008 K9s or Mastiffs. So anything I purchase used would be these. Others could be made to fit but at what cost??? For instance, I was told by a mechanic in that repair center that Mean Mothers off of a Ridgeback would be close but the bracket would have to be made to fit the two together (bike and pipes) and that would take, maybe, three hours @ ninety per!! Again I do appreciate the help. Now I'm going shopping!
    PS. Another note of interest. I was told by that same mechanic that just because my bike has EFI, wouldn't make any difference. Those Mean Mothers had no connection with the fuel injection! Surprise (but pleasant).