Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No disks open end cap

madmustang4 Guest

Default No disks open end cap

have a 2012 bagger, stock 103 engine, supermeg 2 into 1, and im thinking about running with no discs and open end cap. anyone see any issues with this?
    would appreciate any feedback

thanks

if you run with an open end cap why not try 8-10 discs?

madmustang4 Guest

you're thinking 8-10 discs would be the equivalent of open cap in terms of sound quality and torque?

I might be confused are you talking no end cap vs open end cap? I believe they are designed to run with either a closed end cap or an open end cap but not without any end cap if that makes sense.

madmustang4 Guest

i'm talking about taking the open end cap (the one that tapers down with the hole in the middle) and attaching it directly to the baffle

I thnk you would be hurting flow. Supertrapp says the open end cap is like 10 discs so that means it would be like running 10 discs with a closed end cap and I think that would be too restrictive. it would be easy enough to try tho and see.

madmustang4 Guest

That was my big concern, would it be to restrictive and hurt flow?
    retain to much exhaust?
    build up of engine heat?
    negative impact on overall performance and possible damage to engine.

bschultz Guest

The 2:1 system for the 2012 touring model comes with 20 discs and a closed end cap. On a stock machine we would normally recommend 16-18 discs with the closed end cap.

49d Guest

same question, I have a 2009 , no cat, with stock headers and the SE fatshots with open cap,,,Is it going to be too restrictive to run no disc, and the open cap.....what i want is quieter, and low end.....

bschultz Guest

Going to a closed end-cap will have more of an impact on sound volume than reducing the number of discs with an open-end cap. .