Thread: Will Super Trapps work for me

Question Will Super Trapps work for me

OK here's the gist of it. I own a 93' K5 Blazer with a built 350 SB in it. 204/214 cam, roller rockers, full MSD ignition system, Custom Injectors, TBI Spacer, Custom chip, and hooker headers to flow master exhaust. I need more back pressure though to help with the "rich" issue I have now. Exhaust flow is to fast to get a good read even with the sensor mounted in an elbow off the header. So what I'm wondering is can I add on a set of ST's and tune them to get the flow right? Current tips are coated in soot. Or should I dump the flow masters and then put on the ST's? Truck sucks out off the hole right now but pulls very hard when getting on it at highway speeds. I want the hole shot power back for those days when I'm out in the woods.

thanks for any advice or help,

K5

bschultz Guest

The disc technology the SuperTrapp mufflers offer will allow you to control the exhaust flow. The Disc Only units should fit the bill (in addition to your Flow Masters). If you are looking for additional sound control check out the S/C Series.
    Added benefit...these units are USFS approved spark arrestors (if used as intended).

Interesting I didn't know you offered the disc only kits. So what it your recommendation for a 350 SB with dual exhaust? Outside diameter of my tail pipes just behind my current chrome tips is 2.25". Can you give me the proper part numbers for everything needed for dual exhaust? My biggest question is do I need the 4" or 5" sets? Just looking to get it right the first time. As for sound not a big concern.

K5
    Last edited by 93'K5; 07-13-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Hoping for an answer today so i can get these ordered and on ASAP.

K5

bschultz Guest

The 4" disc units will be sufficient, go with the 2.5" inlet (disc only) and you will need a reducer.
    P/N 444-2503...includes adaptor, 12 discs, closed end-cap and hardware.

Got em' coming after a quick phone call to you guys. Thanks to you and your support staff for the help. UPS says they'll be here on Tuesday. I'll run into town Wednesday and have my current tips cut off, tail pipes flared to 2.5" and these will get installed.

K5