Thread: what cams for 96TC Dyna?

aluu4438j Guest

Default what cams for 96TC Dyna?

Hope this question has not been asked before.

1. I am still thrilled with my supermeg-its the best investment I made on my 2011 streetbob-it has increased my enjoyment of the bike no question, the bike is great at walking speeds and goes for the horizon in the upper ranges.

2. I feel like I could do with more acceleration in the lower range (first three gears). Normally I would alter the gearing but on belt drive hogs its not so ezy.

So I'm thinking of a cam upgrade. The bike feels a bit restricted on acceleration in the lower gears, then in 4th/5th it picks up and goes like a bat out of hell and feels like its going to hit 130mph plus.
    I was thinking this could be the stock cam?

I must stress though that the super meg and SE super tuner combo have made the bike a real pleasure to ride at all speeds and I don't want to mess that up too much.

I have the fuelling set towards the rich side rather than lean.

12 discs and closed end cap.

Joker machine airfilter.

Supermeg is so good I'm thinking of getting a tattoo!!!

Me I would try more discs. I have the trapps slip ons' on my 2007 FXDL and started with 10 then 12 and now the max 18 for each that came with them. I wish I had started with the max as my front muff., turned blue at the disc location and if the 18 were in from the begining maybe the blue would not have started. With the 18 it sounds good and runs now like a dog with it's tail on fire. I just might buy more discs and add 6 more on each. Much better then the 12 discs. My 2 cents. Ride safe and have a great day now eh.

bschultz Guest

Starting out with more discs then needed can put you into a lean condition which we normally try to avoid.

aluu4438j Guest

thanks guys, I am running the bike towards the rich side so a coupla more discs might torque it up lower down as long as I keep an eye on the fuelling.

bschultz running more discs when running a carb will cause a lean condition, but will it on a fuel injected Dyna also?
    Last edited by FXDL; 07-05-2012 at 10:19 AM.

bschultz Guest

Yes...if it is an open loop FI system or the O2 sensors of a closed loop system have been bypassed.