Thread: Street Rod Pipes

Hybrid View

BLKICE Guest

Default Street Rod Pipes

I purchased my '06 VRSCR Street Rod Aug. 2005 and e-mail SuperTrapp that same year regarding a high mount 2-into-2 XR exhaust system for the Street Rod and was told by SuperTrapp it would not happen. I waited 1 1/2 years and sent another e-mail asking for an XR exhaust system and again No was the answer. Now here it is Feb. '08 and look what is offered for the Sportster!!, the very exhaust system I'v longed to put on my bike. This sucks. I'v had SuperTrapps on my '93 FXR, my '00 Softail, and I even have the 4" slip-ons on my '06 Street Rod. Whats the deal regarding the Street Rod? There is not one exhaust manufacture that will make an exhaust system that will do the Street Rod justice. Hey SuperTrapp how about a production run of the XR exhaust system for the Street Rod? Come on pull the Trigger. Randy Contreras

bschultz Guest

The Fat Shot slip-ons we offer for the Night/Street Rod is about as close to the XR style pipes as you are going to see. The appeal of the XR pipes comes from flat track racing; ie the XR750. When they start racing the V-Rod on the 1/2 mile or mile, then you may see such a pipe.

BLKICE Guest

Default Re: VRSCR Street Rod

Slip-on does not come close to the XR style exhaust system when using the stock head and mid pipes and I was not aware that an exhaust system had to be used on a flat track racing bike before production would be considered. How about the VR 1000 superbike that HD raced? No? To bad SuperTrapp feels this way. The VRSCR Street Rod sold for almost two years and there is more than a few riders who ride their Street Rod more like a sportbike (its the closest HD (not Buell!) has come to producing a sportbike) than a crusier or a drag bike and would perfer a high mount sportbike type exhaust system or an XR style exhaust system. I was hoping that SuperTrapp would at least look into maybe manufacturing a small quantily of XR or a high mount sportbike style exhaust systems for the Street Rod. Again this model was sold for almost two years, and if 13-15% of these Street Rod owners wanted an such an exhaust system would it not be worth while? How many Sportster XR exhaust systems are planed for production? I know I would be one of the first in line to purchase such an exhaust system (for a Street Rod) and there are a few guys and gals at the fourm web site I am member of that are also interested in such an exhaust system. Hopefully at least one of the exhaust manufactures I have e-mailed will step-up and build such an exhaust system for those of us that would perfer a more modern exhaust system for our Street Rod's. Thanks and Peace Out. Randy Contreras

bschultz Guest

Your interest/query has been passed on to our Marketing and R & D departments.

BLKICE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Your interest/query has been passed on to our Marketing and R & D departments.
    Thank You Sir!! Randy