Thread: Replace broken hex bolts (6 pcs) supertrapp ear

drik Guest

Default Replace broken hex bolts (6 pcs) supertrapp ear

Maybe wrong place, if so, feel free too move.

I have a xt600 -88 with a Supertrapp, I believe its an "EAR" model. Since the singin is quite loud the inspection-guy started to whine.

I read a thread about removing a couple of plates would redudce the wonderful song of my bike so I thougt Id give it a try...

Three hours later I have a 6 broken hex-screws. No nuts since they seem to have fallen down into the muffler and the pipe going into the muffler stuck like a rock, althoug very violated. Its now drowned in 5-56 (lubricant) because I need a beer but Im going at it again tomorrow.

Questions;

Is it possible to repair this? Is there a repair kit? What I need is the six hex bolts and the thing with the nuts attached to it.

I also need an instruction on how to replace the "ring/disk" with the nuts?

Im thinking I can bang out the "intestines" if I can manage to remove the pipe going into the muffler... Is this correct?

Why do we have these damn inspections!?!?!

bschultz Guest

Sounds like you need to pull the core assembly and repair or replace.
    No repair kit.
    The muffler is made to be able to service the packing. You may want to look at the core removal/packing video.
    Contact our Customer Service Department for further technical assistance...be prepared with the P/N stamped on the back of the muffler body bracket.

drik Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Sounds like you need to pull the core assembly and repair or replace.
    No repair kit.
    The muffler is made to be able to service the packing. You may want to look at the core removal/packing video.
    Contact our Customer Service Department for further technical assistance...be prepared with the P/N stamped on the back of the muffler body bracket.
    Thank you for your reply!

My muffler is discussed here in this previous thread;
    http://forums.supertrapp.com/showthread.php?t=1432

This is how it looks;
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERTRAPP-E...#ht_2378wt_845

She is called p/n 027-2843

I think you call her 422-20000
    http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...emID=422-20000

As you can se there is no bolts on the side holding the internals in place. Maybe there pressed there?
    Since my nuts are gone, broomstick will not work. (Theres nothing to attach the end plate to...)
    How can I dissasemble it?

Is there an email adress to the Customer Service Department? Im in Sweden so it would be easier to communicate by email.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by drik; 04-30-2012 at 10:23 AM.

sales@supertrapp.com is the customer service email address.

drik Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jrichards View Post
    sales@supertrapp.com is the customer service email address.
    Thank you!