Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SuperTrapp slip on's for 2007 FXDL

bschultz Guest

Your local dealer/after market retailer should be able to assist you with an order.
    P/N 628-78008 is currently in production with no intentions of discontinuing them at this time.

Seems to me all the dealers up here have said they are discontined as far as they know and no longer can get them. I guess for some dum reason Parts Canada has discontined them, maybe for lack of sales up here. When it comes to getting things up here in Canada they are way behind the times and always have been. So far looks like if I want them for a reasonable price I will have to mail order them but was hoping that you know of a dealer[s] that can get them for me, up here and therefore will not have to mail order them. Do you have by chance any dealer names up here in Toronto Canada that I can get them from?? Thank-you for getting back and have a great day now eh and ride safe eh.
    Last edited by FXDL; 06-04-2012 at 04:55 AM.

bschultz Guest

Cycle World Superstore
    4545 Sheppard Ave. E.
    Toronto, ON M1S 1VS
    P: 416-364-8889
    http://www.cycleworldsuperstore.com/default.asp

Thank-you for getting back so soon. That is just up and around the corner from where I work. Have a GREAT day now eh. bschultz I called Cycle World and they have said Parts Canada there supplier has discontined that part number 628-78088 and they can no longer get it. He said because they do not get much call for them so he thought. Darn will keep looking. Anyone else I might try bschultz? Thank-you again.
    Last edited by FXDL; 05-14-2012 at 09:30 AM.

bschultz Guest

If Parts Canada is no longer carrying them, your best bet is going to be one of the internet dealers like J & P Cycles or Dennis Kirk.

bschultz thank-you for getting back. Ride safe and have a great day now eh.

bschultz, hello how are you? I ordered the slip on's PN 628-78088 for my 2007 FXDL Fuel injected 96 CI and they come with 24 discs total, 12 for each. For tuning how many discs should I start with in each muffler? My bike has the Harley heavy breather cone filter on it, other wise stock. Thank-you for getting back have a great day now eh.
    Last edited by FXDL; 05-30-2012 at 06:26 AM.

bschultz Guest

8-10 discs per muffler should provide a good base for tuning.

bschultz thanks for getting back. I sure hope they mount as easy as the stock mufflers and the Harley SE slip on's. I sure hope the Supertrapp's are a straight on and mount to the stock brackets A-ok. You say 8-10 and go from there. I will start with 8 and see how it sounds and runs bottom end and then top end and on the highway. Wright now once in awhile for no reason the idle will go too low and the bike will stall. I can tell when it is about to happen as the exhaust pops a lot when I back off on the throttle. I forgot to say that I have also installed the Nightrider XiED's on the bike to help it run a little richer in 2010 but still will stall sometimes. It pulls really well now on the highway and for that matter like wise bottom end too. Again thank-you for getting back and so soon. Have a great day now eh.

hello all, I have to pick up my slipon's [PN 628-78088] for my 2007 FXDL today up in Barrie at the Fed Ex, as that is where they sent them after no one was home. The cost was $110.00 cheaper even with the HST tax and shipping, then the Barrie Harley dealer. I got free shipping from Heritage Cycle Works which they had for the month of May any where in Canada. Heritage Cycle Works are great to deal with ,super mail order company. They are a mail order only and it only took a week for the slipon mufflers to arrive. I will be dealing with them in the future for sure. The Barrie dealer wanted $740.00 before our taxes some 840 with. Shop around for the best price for sure.
    Last edited by FXDL; 06-05-2012 at 09:48 AM.