Thread: SuperTrapp slip on's for 2007 FXDL

Hybrid View

Default SuperTrapp slip on's for 2007 FXDL

I have a 2007 Dyna FXDL low rider and wanted to put on the SuperTrapp V-twin internal disc slip on's on it, PN 628-78088 as called for on the site. How do they sound compared to the HD stock and the HD SE mufflers. I would like the Trapps to be a little louder, the same as say the HD SE's. I do not want too loud as they are getting tuffer on noise from motorcycles up here and I do not want to get a ticket. I can remove and add disc's to get the sound I want correct? Do they make more HP, get up and go? Thank-you for getting back and ride safe now eh.

You are correct, the IDS you can adjust to get the sound and flow you want, from what you described looking for, these should fit the bill perfectly.
    Stronger off idle/mid with cleaner top end pull.

Thank-you for getting back. I do like the slip on's as they would be much easier to mount then a 2 to 1 system. The slip on's do have the disc's and how many can be installed in them also they can be repacked when needed? But the 2 to 1 would perform better correct and have a diff., sound to them and most likey be louder correct? Bottom line what is the good and bad between the slip on's and the 2 to 1 Trapps? Thanks again and Ride safe eh.
    Last edited by FXDL; 04-20-2012 at 09:15 AM.

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...emID=628-78088
    Here's the link to the product page.
    All of our products are rebuildable.

Performance wise, the 2:1 is far superior than the slip-ons.

Sound, obviously different; slip-ons vs. 2:1

Take a look at the video section of our forum, there are many configurations.

Thanks.

Thank-you jwells for getting back eh. How many disc's does the slip on's come with and can more be added? Also can the core be removed for repacking when needed in the slip on's? I can understand the sound would be diff., from the slip on's and the 2to1 as the two to one's have one only muffler compared to the two for the slip on's
    Are the 2 to 1 legal for the sound they put out? By the way what is the diff., between the 2-1 Trapps and the 2-1 Kerker pipes? Thanks again Have a great day now eh and ride safe eh.
    Last edited by FXDL; 04-25-2012 at 07:27 AM.

bschultz Guest

Internal and external disc slip-ons come with 12 discs per muffler. Additional discs can be added and the packing is serviceable on the disc equipped slip-ons and 2:1's.
    Your specific bike and mods that it has determines sound levels and whether it might be SAE J2825 compliant. Legal...that depends on the governing laws where you are riding.
    The Kerker is a fixed core application where the SuperTrapp is equipped with the added benefit of the disc assembly which allows you to control the exhaust flow.