Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2-1 on my 2010 ultra

Default 2-1 on my 2010 ultra

Just got my 2 into 1 supertrapp and SE heavy breather installed. Not happy with 18 discs and closed end cap sound. Took off all discs and end cap just to see what it sounded like and kind of liked it. Thoughts? Gonna try 10 discs with open. Gonna Dino tune next week.

Running ten discs with the open end cap is equal to twenty discs with the closed end cap. The open end cap will increase your sound volume and the flow rate is equal to running ten discs.

Default No discs

What if I install the open end cap and trim ring with no discs. How will that affect performance? Will the Dunk help. I like more sound.

Will the Dyno help?

I would suggest you go ride it before spending any more money, the stock ECU will adjust for your changes to run the same AFR as stock. Try it and go from there.

OK. I have the supermeg 2-1 (black) on now with SE air cleaner. 10 discs open end. went for first long ride yesterday and the HEAT was very bad, almost unbearable at times. Worse than stock cat system. has this been an issue with the 2-1 ? could it be so lean that it is causing heat ? My passenger noticed it also.

Your set up it will run best with the closed cap and 16 disc, by adding the open cap it is flowing a lot more and can make it a little lean/flat down lowBut your stock ECM should be able to adjust to accomodate some of the difference-maybe not perfect-but ok.

How does it run?

Popping on Decel?

Surging at steady throttle?

Have you pulled a plug to look at? Try that and see what it looks like.

Now that you have tried it, if you want to use the open cap still-look into a tuner. Fuel Moto has pre-tuned PC available for this.

A little decel popping but not bad. Seams to lack power. I bought the SE super tuned. Gonna start with just a download but I'm worried that won't be enough. It is very hot on my leg. Closed cap is too quiet. Might have to go back to stouts with stock headpipes. What about your true duals ? I'll loose low end power, right?

That tuner should be fine.

Your problem is that you want it loud, the way you have it set up it is running hot and loosing power. Try the tuner.

Now if you go back to slip-ons, the true duals will definately get you the volume of sound you want!

Comparatively, true duals do not have the bottom end torque the 2:1 has.
    The torque loss is minimal on mild or stock motor.

what to do? I'm going to try tuning it with a download from the sert first. how would 0 discs effect performance? just open end cap and trim ring. also, would it be louder(in theory). I want to get my disc set up wherer i want it before the tune.