Thread: 2010 103 255 cams HD Fatshotz

petrm Guest

Question 2010 103 255 cams HD Fatshotz

I've taken my 2010 Ultra and put the HD Fatshotz on. They came with 10 disks and an open end cap.

I've since installed the Vance and Hines headpipe that removed the cat. Had the heads ported and much larger valves with roller rockers installed. I've also installed the 103 kit with 255 cams.

The mufflers came with 10 disks and open endcaps.

Should I leave them the same or changed the number of disks since this engine is pumping a lot more air than before. I don't know what range of build the 10 disk setup was intended.

Thanks

bschultz Guest

The exhaust flow with the 10 discs and open end cap should be more than enough to accomodate your upgrades.

petrm Guest

Default 2010 103 255 cams HD Fatshotz Vance/HInes Powerduals

Now I'm wondering what impact on the sound putting some more disks on and using a closed endcap? Would it change the sound? How?

How many disks should I use with this build and closed end-cap? It seems to run fine with 12 disks and open end cap. Using previous comments it would seem that I would add 10 disks and the closed endcap...just sounds like a lot of disks..

Thank you!

bschultz Guest

The 10 disc formula is correct; however adding 6 discs per side with the closed end cap should work with your build.
    The closed end cap will force ALL the exhaust gasses through the discs lowering the sound volume.

petrm Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    The exhaust flow with the 10 discs and open end cap should be more than enough to accomodate your upgrades.
    I've settled on 12 disks and open end cap on both sides of the Fatshots. Bike seems to run the best with that setup. I've no dyno so I'm just guessing but, it seems right.

Would I see a performance improvement by going to the Supermeg 2 into 1 pipe? I would assume it would be about the same volume....

Thanks!

bschultz Guest

The sound volume on the 2:1 would be lower unless you went to the open end-cap. You might see another 5% increase in performance with the 2:1.

petrm Guest

The sound volume on the 2:1 would be lower unless you went to the open end-cap. You might see another 5% increase in performance with the 2:1.
    Very good. Thank you. I assume that I would order a supermeg for a 2009 instead of the 2010 that I'm riding as I need the o2 sensors to be correct for the Thundermax auto tuner. I think the 2009 has the large sensor holes up by the heads where the 2010's went to the smaller versions down by the collector/cat.

Could you confirm which part number I would order?

Thanks again!

bschultz Guest

The '09 pipe does have the larger 18mm bungs closer to the head ports.

The 2:1 SuperTrapp SuperMeg for the '09 Touring models is;
    828-71578...chrome
    827-71578...black

petrm Guest

The '09 pipe does have the larger 18mm bungs closer to the head ports.

The 2:1 SuperTrapp SuperMeg for the '09 Touring models is;
    828-71578...chrome
    827-71578...black
    Thank you!