Thread: Brake light switch took a dump

Blockhead Ed Guest

Default Brake light switch took a dump

I have a set of Jaybrake Classic controls. The master cylinder has the built-in brake light switch. After only a few uses, the switch quit working and, tracing the wiring, the switch shows a short. As I can't detect any user servicable parts, the switch is effectively fried.

Questions:
    I have called the number on the website and left a message but have not recieved a call back.
    Does Jaybrake offer a replacement switch and, if they do, how do I get one, how much is it and is it a simple and straightforward replacement?
    Does the master cylinder switch need a relay? I use the two-button switch plate for the horn and kill and use relays for both (they work fine and I have never had a problem with them).

Thanks.

bschultz Guest

Call 216-265-8400 for Customer Service...8am-5pm Mon-Fri.

Component parts, such as a replacement switch, are available.

The master cyclinder switch should splice into the stock HD brake circuit which should have a relay.

Blockhead Ed Guest

Thanks for the reply.. I wish Jaybrake was as prompt.

Still waiting to speak or hear from someone at JB...

bschultz Guest

With the unusually warm weather the call volume has increased dramatically. Sometimes we do get a back log of voice mails to respond to, especially over the weekend. We value ALL of our customers and make an effort to respond to every voicemail, email and forum inquiry.