Thread: Which Gasket ???

Default Which Gasket ???

I just ordered a 2>1 for my 2006 softail.. I've been hearing a lot of conflicting stories on which gasket to use...What are the recommendations.

The dealer I ordered from highly recommened V&H gaskets.

Thanks...

bschultz Guest

You should find this info in your intructions;
    The exhaust gaskets should be replaced to achieve a proper fitment and seal. Replacement gaskets are available from your Harley-Davidson dealer, part number
    65324-83A.
    These are the conical type (not wafer) gaskets.

Default gasket

Thank-you BSCHULTZ....My instructions merely say "the gasket should be inspected and replaced"

I'm very disappointed with the vagueness of the instructions.....I was planning on installing the exhust system myself,now I'm having second thoughts...a couple of picturs would help qute a bit..there is only figure 1, which does not help much.

For example step one.."Remove the two bottom and one top rear transmission bearing housing fastners [ see figure 1]"

BUT figure 1 does not identify what the "transmission bearing housing fastners" are ?????

But you do offer much advice on Carb settings and jets.....thats great except most HD's are fuel injected.

bschultz Guest

If you could provide the number associated with the instruction sheet I will point this out to our technical writing staff for possible revisions.
    The instruction number begins with the pre-fix 003-xxxx

003-7154 02.08.07

Also my instructions say nothing about anti sieze for the disc screws...but everyone I know says it's very important...is it? thanks

bschultz Guest

Yes, the small copper colored lubricant packet that is included in the "disc pack" is "hi-heat" anti-sieze to be used on the disc screws.

I have brought your instruction concerns to the attention of our tech writers for correction/editing.

randyjack90 Guest

Default what

I also wanted to know what gasket should I use or what is the best gasket?

bschultz Guest

HD P/N 65324-83A (conical)