Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightrod Special -08 and FATSHOTS 2:2

Viper69 Guest

Default Nightrod Special -08 and FATSHOTS 2:2

Hi

I am waiting for my Nightrod -08 and have ordered it with Fatshots 2:2, Harley racetuner and KN-filter on deliver.

I live in Sweden, wan't the bike noisy (but not headache noisy) and optimal performance.

1. Are my setup optimal or should I change anything (without any heavy rebuilding).

2. How many disc's should I use?

bschultz Guest

Your plans are sound and you should realize significant power gains.
    The Fat Shots come with 12 discs. We found the best performance on a stock machine with 8-10 discs. With the addition of the freer flowing filter and fuel enhancement you can run all 12 discs (each) or more.
    If you are having a tech set up the race tuner, he should be able to dial it in for max performance with additonal discs. Additional discs can be purchased in 6 or 12 packs.

Viper69 Guest

thank you for your advice. I will order either a additional 6-pack disc's or a partly open end-cap (should be about same?). The bike will be tuned in a bench, so I guess I can find the maximum performance.

Any estimates what result this setup will give (hp's) ?

bschultz Guest

The open end-cap flows for 10-12 discs.
    You should more than double the torque and power gains we acheived from the stock machine.

Viper69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    The open end-cap flows for 10-12 discs.
    You should more than double the torque and power gains we acheived from the stock machine.
    Well, the nice looking Supertrapp Fatshots camed a couple of weeks before the bike, but they forgot ordering the extra discs.

Do I understand you right: If we take away the back "chrome" plate and only use the ring that locks the tuning rings, this will make a very big opening in the back. Is this compareable with using 10-12 discs?

In this setup, there can't be any more flow using discs? When looking at this setup, the numbers of disc's looks unimportant, as the big hole gives free flow straight out. Or do I missunderstand anything?

Picture attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Viper69; 02-19-2008 at 10:36 AM.

bschultz Guest

No, that is a decorative ring. That would be flowing the core, like no rings/end-cap at all. P/N 405-3046 is the 4" Open End-Cap, which is an optional accessory.

Viper69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    No, that is a decorative ring. That would be flowing the core, like no rings/end-cap at all. P/N 405-3046 is the 4" Open End-Cap, which is an optional accessory.
    Thank you for that. That was my opinion too, but the retatiler had another view. Ok, not open like that. It should either be:
    1. 12 discs as in box
    2. Order more discs
    3. Order Open end Cap.

Thanks again for helping me.

bschultz Guest

Correct.....

Viper69 Guest

Finaly.... Today I met my new DX 08. Zero km's on the meter and Fatshots, racetuner and KN-filter mounted. A lovely sight!

We ended up with 15 discs and closed end cap. Max power was 110hp (on 8000rpm) on RW and 104,2 NM max tourqe with a very flat curve form 3500 to 8000 rpm.

The sound was just.... LOVELY!!! But I had expected a little more power. I know the bike is new from factory, but more air in and out together with the racetuner and 1 hour dyno runs was suposed to give more in my opinion.

How much did ST themself Dyno the stock machine with Fatshots? Anyone else that have the same setup and have dyno it?

bschultz Guest

Click to enlarge

nightrod.jpg