Thread: Is this Information True Or Not?????

Bill G Guest

Default Is this Information True Or Not?????

I have read post on Harley forums were it was said guys got smoother throttle performance through the power range from low to mid with the closed end cap over the open end cap on the 2-1 systems even though the torqe curve stayed some what the same. The end caps were set up to flow the same between the open end cap and the closed in cap then they did dyno runs with each set up to check performance.

I have heard this said before about the two diffrent end caps set up to flow the same. Some say the cloased end cap responds to the throttle better due to the way it breaks up the exaust gas at the exit of the muffler over the open end cap.

Is there any founded truth to these statements???? Again I have heard this said several times by Harley riders with Supertrap 2-1 systems over the years.

Thanks,
    Bill G

bschultz Guest

In some cases this could ring true; however to make a blanket statement that this is normal would be incorrect. Engine performance results from a combination of factors/elements within the build, whether it be stock or highly modified.

Bill G Guest

Thank you,

From my own experiance building duel sports with Supertrap exaust systems I agree here 100%. I just wanted to see if there was something I may have missed concerning the Supertrap Disk set up and the way it works on a V twin setup.

Bill G