Thread: '97 Sportster 2:1

woodnbow Guest

Default '97 Sportster 2:1

I've got a headpipe I picked up on ebay but the seller didn't have the muffler. I've got a muffler on hand that fits the collector but that thing tucks so closely under the master cylinder there's just no room to mount the muffler.

Anybody know what the part number for a replacement muffler is? And should the end of the collector be that close to the master cylinder and drive belt? Thanks,

bschultz Guest

To better assist you, provide the part number stamped on the end of the collector of the headpipe.

woodnbow Guest

Default Thanks for the quick response,

I'll pull the pipe off tonight.

BTW, this pipe has the smaller primaries, I was really doubtful but after tuning, rejetting and running it straight piped as you see here, I LIKE this pipe! I do need a muffler tho' the neighbors are getting restless... ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by woodnbow; 11-09-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: adding photos

woodnbow Guest

Default Well apparently the Ebay seller

took me for a short ride... I pulled the pipe and found no part number. Whoever built the pipe did a nice job, it looks very similar to other Supertrapp pipes I've seen. (I run one on my FXR) Oh well, I guess I'll be chopping this one up to rig up a muffler for it. Thanks for your help.

Mox00023 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by woodnbow View Post
    took me for a short ride... I pulled the pipe and found no part number. Whoever built the pipe did a nice job, it looks very similar to other Supertrapp pipes I've seen. (I run one on my FXR) Oh well, I guess I'll be chopping this one up to rig up a muffler for it. Thanks for your help.
    I too remember getting a headpipe I bought from eBay and it had, surprisingly, no muffler. Anyway, he shipped me a muffler immediately once I queried about it.