Thread: Performance without Disc and End Cap ?

dy1gyjgr9ufr Guest

Default Performance without Disc and End Cap ?

Hi,

i have the SuperMeg 2 in 1, 827 -71574 on my HD FXDB Dyna Street Bob with Feuling Reaper 525 cams , Stage 1 Air Cleaner and Zippers Thundermax Autotune install.

questions; it is recommended to use it without Discs and End Cap ?

ore should i use the open End Cap ?

when yes how many Discs will be the best Performance for my Bike with open End Cap ?

Many Thanks.

bschultz Guest

16-18 discs with a closed end cap should be a good starting point for tuning purposes. If you prefer more sound run the open end cap and reduce the number of discs by 10.

dy1gyjgr9ufr Guest

ok, but it is possible to drive without any End Cap or will this have a bad performance result for the bike ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    ok, but it is possible to drive without any End Cap or will this have a bad performance result for the bike ?

thanks
    For additional performance you need to use the endcap! You will get the best results when using the SuperTrapp the way it was designed and tested, discs and end cap.
    Most of the tuners around the country prefer to use the closed endcap with the discs.

dy1gyjgr9ufr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    If you prefer more sound run the open end cap and reduce the number of discs by 10.
    If i use 12 discs with open end cap it will be louder, more sound ?

thanks

Yes it will be louder.
    Performance wise it will most likely suffer as it will have no backpressure with that many discs AND the open end cap.
    The open end cap is quivelant to 10 discs.