Thread: Help

spa120 Guest

Default Help

Looking for some help from over the pond here in the uk..I have a 120ci motor and i am runing a supermeg i have no idea on how many discs i should start with.i am running it open at mo but it's to nosiey for my location.i have justed got a closed end disc and have about 19 discs all together.anyone have any advice on where to start.

bschultz Guest

Start with what you have and add discs for more exhaust flow, if needed.

spa120 Guest

Ok ........

...because the disc number affects torque or horsepower ( expressing this very generally)--- a more open pipe makes better power at 6000 rpm, a more closed pipe at 2500 rpm.

so it is up to you to find the balance that works--- for the motor build ( cams, tuning etc.) weight, gearing and riding style.

tuning would be very different for a bagger vs dyna due to the weight difference of 300 pounds or more--- then add in gearing.

rising style, one might want more torque if riding in cities and twistie roads, more HP is on the wide open highway primarily.

I tune for torque when home and add a few discs ( for HP) when touring the interstate highways ( I suppose that'd be Motorway to you)

mike