Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat shots vs SE

Lrudo1 Guest

Default Fat shots vs SE

I have a 2009 HD Touring (SG) w catless headpipes, stage 1 +PCV. I'm currently running Fat Shots with 10 discs and an open end cap. I'm looking for a medium sound .... I'm just not there with the Fat Shots. They are a little on the soft side and the open end caps have a "puffy" sound . I'm thinking about a set of SE's (6115 model for '09's and under) I know that sound is subjective. Being the the baffle design is different between the two, Is there a much difference between the the sound of fat shots and se's?

Yes, a big difference.
    Fat Shots are a lower tone vs. SE which ar a bit higher pitched.

For gigles, take all the discs off (no discs-no end cap/nothing) and try it, see how it sounds for you.

Another option that I think you would be better off with would be to run the new Stout mufflers, use the 2010 and up version if you want a louder/deeper/thump.

Lrudo1 Guest

Thanks for the reply,
    I checked the pcv mapping and found I had the wrong map loaded. Loaded the correct one, took it for an run and it sounds good now and the performance is way better too. It's amazing what a difference there is with a proper tune :-)
    I think I'll stick with the Fat Shots over the Se's as I do like a deeper tone

Right on, go ride!

stevek014 Guest

Default Supertrapp stout

Hi Adding SUPERTRAPP STOUTs 4" to my 2011 Road king with a 103. Should I need to add a fuel management system. Thanks Steve:

bschultz Guest

No additional "fuel management" should be needed with a stock or mildly modified motor.

kgchris Guest

Default No disks, end cap??

Jwells what was your point of trying no disks or end cap? I thought no endcaps wasn't recommended?

bschultz Guest

I believe Jeff's intentions were to provide you with the maximum amount of sound available with that particular muffler.

kgchris Guest

So, is that safe? does that depend on if you have a fuel management device or what?

bschultz Guest

Unless you have by-passed the O2 sensors or they are NOT functioning there should not be an issue.