Thread: Need Help 02 FLHTCI FATSHOTS

racerxdan Guest

Default Need Help 02 FLHTCI FATSHOTS

Just purchased set of fatshots, have 02 FLHTCI, 95" big bore kit
    9:25 comp, worked over heads, andrews 21g cam with power commander with V&H slip ons had custom map built on dyno for power commander.(have stage 2 download on the the stock ecm)

I installed the fullsac dual exhaust system (eliminated the H pipe) last week.
    I put the fatshhots on with 12 discs per side with closed end cap, (was way quiter than the V&H's) took for a short ride about 1/2 mile very quiet (too quiet) ,power was way down and pipes got very very hot, so hot that I couldnt even touch rear of the pipes.
    I removed the end cap and ran 12 discs with no end cap, way to loud....what should I do next? add discs, the racing end cap? and do I need to remap again?
    Last edited by racerxdan; 08-10-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by racerxdan View Post
    Just purchased set of fatshots, have 02 FLHTCI, 95" big bore kit
    9:25 comp, worked over heads, andrews 21g cam with power commander with V&H slip ons had custom map built on dyno for power commander.(have stage 2 download on the the stock ecm)

I installed the fullsac dual exhaust system (eliminated the H pipe) last week.
    I put the fatshhots on with 12 discs per side with closed end cap, (was way quiter than the V&H's) took for a short ride about 1/2 mile very quiet (too quiet) ,power was way down and pipes got very very hot, so hot that I couldnt even touch rear of the pipes.
    I removed the end cap and ran 12 discs with no end cap, way to loud....what should I do next? add discs, the racing end cap? and do I need to remap again?
    Do you have the Fatshotz from Harley or the Fatshots from SuperTrapp?

With 12 discs and the closed end cap you were possibly running too rich and that is why it was so very hot. Running the 12 discs and the closed end cap did you get any popping or backfiring when you rolled off the throttle?

If you were running too rich then you will need to add more discs or use the open end cap with less discs. The open end caps will give you more sound but not as much as with the discs and end cap off. Did I speak with you this morning? Hope this helps, Gerry (hugger@supertrapp.com)

racerxdan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hugger View Post
    Do you have the Fatshotz from Harley or the Fatshots from SuperTrapp?

With 12 discs and the closed end cap you were possibly running too rich and that is why it was so very hot. Running the 12 discs and the closed end cap did you get any popping or backfiring when you rolled off the throttle?

If you were running too rich then you will need to add more discs or use the open end cap with less discs. The open end caps will give you more sound but not as much as with the discs and end cap off. Did I speak with you this morning? Hope this helps, Gerry (hugger@supertrapp.com)
    ST fatshots, yes I did call, I got the open (cone shape) end caps and tried them with 8 discs, then 6, then 4, still a little loud, should I go down to 2????
    if I go down to 2, what was the point of going with ST's????
    yes back firing on dcecel when i tried the closed with 12, I've had the decel back firing since I added the fullsac dual exhaust kit, had custom mapping done before the dual exahust....with the cone end cap I get the decel back firing all 3 ways, I guess I need to get another map from power commander...