Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supertrapp at Sturgis?

Default Supertrapp at Sturgis?

Is Supertrapp going to have a vendor spot at sturgis where I can actually see the true duals set up on a bike? I have yet to see a set in person mounted and not willing to take the risk until I see them in person. thanks.

bschultz Guest

Black Hills HD off the Highway in Rapid City. We'll be teamed up with RacePro and will be officially open for business on Wednesday August 3rd.
    There should be an older touring model equipped with "true" duals and a pair of "Stouts".

trapper_canada Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    Black Hills HD off the Highway in Rapid City. We'll be teamed up with RacePro and will be officially open for business on Wednesday August 3rd.
    There should be an older touring model equipped with "true" duals and a pair of "Stouts".

I just got a new set of 2:1 SuperMegs. Well...I got them in winter but there was a defect on them and had to wait to get a new set from SuperTrapp. Today I finally got around to installing them. I went for a 5 mile ride. Had coffee and took a 5 mile ride home. I went to take off the disks to adjust and (cause I didn't have the anti-seize on it I guess) one bolt broke, one got stripped, and another is 1/2 way out.

I can't believe this happened to me after all the trouble I had wit the pipes...I am jinxed!

Anyways...my point in replying is I am going to sturgis with the bike...I have read that the core can be replaced in this situation? If so, will SuperTrapp have any at their Sturgis set up at the HD dealer? I was actually planning on stopping by there for a new tire.

Help....

bschultz Guest

We'll have a limited amount of systems available for sale/installation; however they won't be carrying any "component type" items or set up to take care of warranty repairs.
    Contact Customer Service to place a warranty claim.

trapper_canada Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    We'll have a limited amount of systems available for sale/installation; however they won't be carrying any "component type" items or set up to take care of warranty repairs.
    Contact Customer Service to place a warranty claim.

I gave customer service a call...MAN is SupperTrapp top notch on their customer service....

Makes me want to go out and buy a new bike just to order another SuperTrapp exhaust system!

You don't need to buy another bike, just keep buying more pipes for the one you have!

Thank you very much, stop by and see us next week at Black Hills HD right off the highway at exit 55!

and....USE the anti seize!
    That IS why it happened, use the entire pack, squirt it directly into the threads on the muffler body.

Well that was a freakin disappointment. I made a special trip to BH harley to see the tru duals for 09 up bikes and nada. The guy who helped me kept trying to tell me they were the exact same as on the 02 bagger they had there. He was a pushy blow hard who would not let me get a word in edge wise when I tried to tell him my 2011 was not the same as a 2001. He then told me he had installed several sets and they were really sweet but could not answer any of my questions. I tried to talk to the younger guy but he took me back to the older heavy set guy and told me that he would help me. I have been a loyal supertrapp fan and have purchased 2 supermegs and have had at least 4 friends buy supermegs on my recommendation and feel big time disappointed. The guy tried to tell me that the front header followed the same curve as the the stock head pipes. I asked how much clearance there was between the pushroad tubes and the header pipe and he did not know what pushrod tubes were.

any way you can post a close up photo of that area? I am about to just give up on the supertrapp true duals and go with something else.
    Last edited by jeff; 08-12-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Jeff, Very sorry for your experience, obviously that is not what we want you to go through when researching our product.
    Although there were two of us from SuperTrapp Industries at Black Hills working at the display, we were not able to be there 100% of the time. We were represented by an outside contractor that also represents some other manufacturers as well. Sometimes they do bring in other staff to work the booth. Unfortunately they were obviously not up to speed with the product?!
    We appreciate you taking the time to come back and make us aware of the situation, that is the only way we can know and make sure it doesn't ever happen again.
    I will be in touch with you privately as well.
    Thanks for your support and we will do our best to make it right.
    Jeff Wells
    Sales Manager
    SuperTrapp Industries

jwells, thanks for the get back and for the private contact shows great customer service which I have always recieved in the past. thanks jeff