Thread: Selecting an Open End Cap

Default Selecting an Open End Cap

I've got the 4" Universal 449-2018, and I'd like to put one of the Open End Cap accessories on it.

Which one do I need? What's the difference? There are 5 shown on the link above. Is the difference cosmetic only? Are there any pictures to let me see what I'd be getting if I bought a black open end cap verses the standard stainless cap?

bschultz Guest

The "open" or "closed" end caps all function the same, the only difference being finish/color.
    You can see the various colored end caps in our catalog download at the website or click on the red P/N 405-3046 at the link you provided and imagine it as being the color you want.

I've been told by other Sportster owners that the best TQ/HP results come from adding 18 to 24 disks, which looks pretty stupid if you ask me.

If I stick an Open cap on there, how many should I drop down to replace 18 to 24 disks? Or, should I not use *any* disks?

bschultz Guest

Remove 10-12 discs when installing an "open" end-cap and you want the same exhaust flow as you had with a "closed" end-cap.