Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supertrapp Stouts

cardboard Guest

Default Supertrapp Stouts

Been trying to see if anybody had the new Supertrapp STouts on their bike.
    Ain't had much luck locating anybody.

Got a 11 FLHTK, got the Fuelmoto header pipe with both size bungs.
    High flow air kit and a TBW Thunder-Max A/T.
    Just ordered the Supertrapp Stouts #14065222 for the 95-09 bike .
    Was told it wasn't as loud as the 10-11 model.
    You needed to know if you have a catalyst converter or not to try to determine DB levels.
    And the 2.4 DB level is at 2000 rpm.

Does anybody have these pipes ?
    How loud are they running at 2500-3000 rpm, my running range.

Thanks !

We have not yet tested that type of set-up, but comparing with the older model, and non cat equipped head pipe you should be pretty quiet, a good all day rider without ringing ears at the end of the day.

vtwinbob814 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jwells View Post
    We have not yet tested that type of set-up, but comparing with the older model, and non cat equipped head pipe you should be pretty quiet, a good all day rider without ringing ears at the end of the day.
    so what your saying is in your sound video's with the supertrapp 4" stouts those bikes all have the CAT still in?? my ultra still has the CAT and i like the sound, just need to know if theses are with the CAT. thanks!

Unless noted, they all have the CATS in them=stock.

On the 2011 bikes we have found that the stock pipe w/CAT, stock fuel settings, and an open air box result in the best bang for your buck increase.

vtwinbob814 Guest

Unless noted, they all have the CATS in them=stock.

On the 2011 bikes we have found that the stock pipe w/CAT, stock fuel settings, and an open air box result in the best bang for your buck increase.

i should have mention this earlier my bad, my ultra is a 96ci, 10, i can't really see any change being done i hope, when you say open air box, is it just the K&N filter? sorry for all the questions, just want to get it right the first time. before i pull the trigger. I'm really not big on the add on fuel managers. thanks

KN is a perfect choice for filter, you also want to look at theirs (or any other) air box upgrades; Screaming eagle is great also. Something that opens up the air inlet.
    NO fuel changes, no downloads, nothing.
    Stouts

Your good to go.

vtwinbob814 Guest

KN is a perfect choice for filter, you also want to look at theirs (or any other) air box upgrades; Screaming eagle is great also. Something that opens up the air inlet.
    NO fuel changes, no downloads, nothing.
    Stouts

Your good to go.
    another thought was if i change out the head pipe later on will this have ANY effect on theses, like the hp and tq values, i figure it will be louder beings i won't have a CAT anymore. i did order a set they should be here thur. just don't have the cash for all at one time. thanks

bschultz Guest

Any modification can change performance (hp/tq). A non catalyst pipe will result in a freer flowing exhaust and an increase in sound.
    Last edited by bschultz; 06-01-2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling

cardboard Guest

After having the Supertrapp STouts for the 09 Model on my 11 FLHTK.
    I'm thinkin about takin them off, they got loud all of a sudden and sound bad. Threw a lot of good money away on them.

Hate to say it but for the 1st time in my life I do not like the sound of Supertrapp.
    And Supertrapp don't care. You bought the pipe and you are stuck with it.
    Talked to a lot more people that bought them and the stouts hurt their heads from the sound they put out.

fossilmel Guest

I had the Supertrapp 4" Stout mufflers installed on my 2012 RGU this weekend and so far I am extremely pleased with the results. The project is not quite complete as I am still waiting for the SE Ventilator air cleaner kit to arrive at the dealership. I have received quite a few comments from other bikers on how good the Stouts look and sound on the RGU.

The deep mellow tone is great, and I had no trouble hearing the stereo at the same volume setting used with the stock mufflers. I wear a full face helmet and earplugs all the time and noticed no resonance that sometimes occurs when riding bikes with other "louder" aftermarket mufflers. Definitely a thumbs up for the Stouts.!