Thread: 05 Road King, Supermeg, set up ??

Default 05 Road King, Supermeg, set up ??

I've got a Supermeg on the way, to be installed next week. Just looking for a starting point for the number of discs. I've been through most of the posts on this forum and I've got an idea but wanted to ask the experts.

Package is 2005 RK, stock 88" with SE air cleaner, Power Commander III and Andrews 26 cams.

Also, is there a torque spec for the T-bolt clamp that attaches the muffler to the collector?

bschultz Guest

16-17 discs is a good starting point for tuning on your combination.

T-Bolt clamp, max torque 75" lbs.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking forward to trying the Supermeg.

mholgate66 Guest

Neckball,

What PCIII map will you use? Reason I ask is I have an 06 ultra with the same set up. I am switching from Rineharts to the 2-1 Supermeg next week. I don't have access to a Dyno tuner, so I need a map that will fit the same configuration you have.

Thanks,
    Mike....

Mike,

I've got two maps I can send you. One is from Dyno Jet, the other is from Fuel Moto. I tried the Dyno Jet map first and then the FM map. Both seem to run okay. I did make a small change to the FM map to get rid of some pinging.

The two tuners I trust in this area both have their dynos out of service for a few weeks. T-Man Performance is "re-doing" their dyno. Mark Harrington, a past employee of Doc out of Florida who works for Ben's V-Twins in Charlotte, NC is my other preference. Ben's just moved and they won't have their dyno operational for about two weeks. I'll be glad to share the map after I get it tuned for comparison purposes.