Thread: 103 with 3 inch internal disc

dabreeze54 Guest

Default 103 with 3 inch internal disc

Recently purchased 07 Road Glide 103, 255 cams 3" IDS with stock header. Set up is 9 each side open end caps. Left open end cap hole is about 1 3/4
    and right is normal ( little over an inch). Looks like someone stretched out the left for some reason. I'm sure not a good idea. Anyway sounds good but as far as performance I think there may be more left on the table. Bike has a tuner on it but wanted to get disc count recomendation open and/or closed before any tuning. What do you think? Thanks in advance!

bschultz Guest

The hogged out end cap on the left shouldn't be that critical; however I would remove 3-4 discs from the left and move them over to the right for more flow.

dabreeze54 Guest

I just found out bike has stock cams, but download is for 255s. Would this change what you recommended before? Do you think open end cap is the best option performance wise for this application or not necessarily? Thanks!

bschultz Guest

No change on the discs.
    On a typical street machine the only thing the an open end-cap gets you is more sound with less discs.