Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to start.

HappyHenk Guest

Default where to start.

Hi after many years no Harley now owner of a Ultra Classic '93.this bike came with Supertrapp slip-ons and stock pipes, K&N airfilter. Now comes the question HOW many disc do i need to start with cause when reading other threads with 2on2 exhausts you talk about left side less than right side.
    Please explain this dutch guy?
    Thks
    Happyhenk

bschultz Guest

An even amount of discs is fine; however can be overkill on a bike equipped with the stock (OEM) crossover headpipe.
    If you start your bike and walk around to the back and place your hands by the exhaust, you will notice that more exhaust exits the right side; hence the difference in number of discs.

HappyHenk Guest

Okay, yes I did noticed this already before, so if the right site gives more exhaust, does this mean that i have to change the number of discs and in what order.

thks in advance

HappyHenk Guest

Sorry forgot to tell you that i do have the stock (OEM) crossover headpipe, and notice last week that the sparkplug from the backcylinder was more black than the frontplug. sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by HappyHenk; 03-23-2011 at 04:26 PM.

bschultz Guest

What's on it now and how does it run?

HappyHenk Guest

Sorry B. did'nt open it yet tried yesterday on my work but the tappered endcap is pretty stuck so i will try it at home, how it runs, well when i came on the job this morning i fellt the exhausts and yes from behind the right side gives more exhaust than the left side.
    It's a stock crossover 2/2 and in the low end i have enough power so it seems but when driving in 4th gear up to 110 km's/3,5 a 4000rpm it takes a while to get there for shifting over into the 5th, in 5th gear it's also not so fast upgoing. So i would say in midrange and top-end there is some slack.
    Tks in advance for your help.
    Grtz Henk

bschultz Guest

How many discs are you running now?

HappyHenk Guest

Hi B, sorry just came home and finished my dinner, you forgot it's Holland your talking with hahahah some hours later hahaha but as soon I found out I'll come back to ya with the results.
    Grtz Henk

HappyHenk Guest

Hi B,
    sorry but do you have a way to get the d...mm tapered end off, they are so stuck on the exhaust, don't get them off in a normal way, okay first take the bolt out of it but then comes the problem. I also remembered that when i bought the bike the guy gave me a plastic bag with some plates he told it was for the exhausts so i searched and found them, to my surprise the two (what i supposed) discs are two closed endcaps,
    now i'm getting real puzzled and want to know if this is okay.
    But first i need to know a way to get the tapered end off without demollissing anything.
    Plse help.
    Grtz Henk

just took a look with a flashlight and there are on both sides as i far as i can see all discs but in my opinion it doesn't matter caus the closed encap is missing
    it's just a big hole all the way down the exhaust this can't be good i think or not.
    Last edited by HappyHenk; 03-24-2011 at 05:13 PM.

HappyHenk Guest

Hi Bruce,
    finally got the tapered end off, and checked the number of discs, 18? per side, what do you recommend.
    Grtz Henk