Thread: 124inch S&S EVO Disc? RoadKing

sybil95rk Guest

Default 124inch S&S EVO Disc? RoadKing

124 S&S, EVO Ported and Polish heads,Decked, 11:3 /1 compression.stock 640 cam, Carb bored to 47.2mm,.084 main jet, .145 air bleeder added to carb Super G.....Running 13 disc now with open end cap. And suggestions, Was told to go to 24to26 with open cap. Any Help out there?
    Last edited by sybil95rk; 03-22-2011 at 11:12 PM.

bschultz Guest

How is it running? Is it flat on top? Adding a few discs shouldn't hurt; however 24-26 with an open end cap is excessive.

sybil95rk Guest

I dont know what You mean by FLAT, It continues to pull, thru the RPM's to about 5600. My question also is, If the closed end cap represents 8-10 discs, Instead of buying more discs just add a closed end cap, It really is not loud now, Which is fine. It will be that much qieter? Does closed end cap and 13 discs sound close?

bschultz Guest

The 4" "OPEN" end cap equals the flow of 10-12 discs and gives you more sound. The "closed" end cap will make it more restrictive and give you less sound.

sybil95rk Guest

So in other words, If I am running 13 discs now, with an open cap..Which sounds like its not enough, and if I dont mind the qieteness, I should just add a closed end cap and then dyno from there? Thanks again for Your input..

bschultz Guest

Adding the "closed" end cap (without adding discs) will be quieter and more restrictive and most likely result in a lack of performance.