Thread: 2009 FLTR Fatshotz

Smokintoad Guest

Default 2009 FLTR Fatshotz

Already searched the forums, and I have only found a little info here and there for what I'm looking to do.

I have a completely stock 2009 Roadglide (California Model). I'm curious about how capable the ECM is at adjusting for changes.

1. Will Fatshots slip-ons alone require ECM remap?
    2. Will Fatshots slip-ons and SE Heavy Breather combination require ECM remap?
    3. If I combine the Heavy Breather with Fatshots would it be correct to reduce the number of discs to bring AFR back up compared to Fatshots alone? or would 10 discs & open cap still be a starting point?

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Smokintoad View Post
    Already searched the forums, and I have only found a little info here and there for what I'm looking to do.

I have a completely stock 2009 Roadglide (California Model). I'm curious about how capable the ECM is at adjusting for changes.

1. Will Fatshots slip-ons alone require ECM remap? NO
    2. Will Fatshots slip-ons and SE Heavy Breather combination require ECM remap? NO
    3. If I combine the Heavy Breather with Fatshots would it be correct to reduce the number of discs to bring AFR back up compared to Fatshots alone? or would 10 discs & open cap still be a starting point?
    Our experience with the newer closed loop fuel injection (o2 sensor equipped) models, acquired during testing of our exhaust products, shows the readings from the o2 sensors feeds info back to the ECM which reads and sends signals to the injectors to keep the A/F ratio within the parameters set at the factory.

That is not saying there can't be more performance gained from a machine in the hands of an experienced tuner and a good fuel management system.