Thread: 1986 Yamaha XT600

ardbeglily Guest

Default 1986 Yamaha XT600

I have a Supertrapp on this bike from previous owner that looks like it has been modified with just an open piece of piping coming out of the back. The # 027-2843 is printed on the pipe. How should this pipe look and can I buy the stuff to return it to normal. If not will a 027-2858 work, as I have been offered this from a neighbor and it is intact. Thanks for any help.

bschultz Guest

Neither one of the muffler body part numbers are in our data base any longer, which is pretty unusual. So, I do not know what you have; however if you can provide pictures of both I may be able to tell you what "Series" and assist you with obtaining components you may need.
    Do you have a connector pipe? If so, can you find a P/N off of it for reference purposes.

ardbeglily Guest

Default thanks bschultz

Hopefully I have added some pics to this reply so you can see what I am talking about. The pipe attached to the muffler has no numbers that I can find.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bschultz Guest

It appears you have a 4" Aluminum Racing Series muffler where someone has replaced the disc assembly with he tubular end cap, as you pointed out..
    A disc assembly (screws, 6-12 discs + closed end cap) could be attached if the 6 receiving nuts at the end of the core are still intact.
    We offered two slip-on applications for the XT600, model years, '84-89 and '90-94 (both discontinued in '04).
    I am showing one of the s-bend ('84-89 connector pipe), P/N 048-217, still on the shelf. If the inlet on your muffle is 1.75" and your XT is an earlier model it may work; however...
    Will the bracket line up or would additional mods need to be made?
    Replacing/restoring the muffler disc assembly and/or s-bend may be cost prohibitive?

ardbeglily Guest

Default thanks again

If the receiving nuts are OK is there a specific # for the end cap and discs? Thanks again

bschultz Guest

P/N 406-3046, closed end-cap
    P/N 404-6512, 12 pack of discs
    P/N 404-6506, 6 pack of discs
    P/N 404-7206, 6 pack of screws

All of these are available through our webstore;

http://store.supertrapp.com/

WarriorXT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    It appears you have a 4" Aluminum Racing Series muffler where someone has replaced the disc assembly with he tubular end cap, as you pointed out..
    A disc assembly (screws, 6-12 discs + closed end cap) could be attached if the 6 receiving nuts at the end of the core are still intact.
    We offered two slip-on applications for the XT600, model years, '84-89 and '90-94 (both discontinued in '04).
    I am showing one of the s-bend ('84-89 connector pipe), P/N 048-217, still on the shelf. If the inlet on your muffle is 1.75" and your XT is an earlier model it may work; however...
    Will the bracket line up or would additional mods need to be made?
    Replacing/restoring the muffler disc assembly and/or s-bend may be cost prohibitive?
    Is there any setup you would recommend for a Yamaha XT 600 43f -84?

bschultz Guest

The 4" Aluminum Racing or IDS2 Series work well on medium to big bore thumpers.

one wheel Guest

Red face help

I have an 86 xt600 and I recently came across a supertrapp slip on. But what I don't have is the connecting pipe . You know the one that connects the head pipe and the slip on. Can anyone help.?

bschultz Guest

We no longer manufacture (discontinued in '04) an application for the XT600; however we do have a couple of s-bends (connector pipes) still on the shelf, P/N 048-2017. Check the P/N stamped on the back of the welded on bracket of the muffler. If it is P/N 027-2241 or P/N 027-4598 the s-bend complete the system.