Thread: 2011 Road King + Fatshotz

DeneFLHR Guest

Default 2011 Road King + Fatshotz

I recently built a 103 with SE204 cams, Rush True Duals and Jackpot 4" dyno tuned slip ons with 2" baffles. The bike was dyno tuned by one of the best using the TTS system. I found it quite loud, very tinny, not deep and had this horrid "wheeze" upon decel. I just installed a set of SE Fatshotz choosing them over Monster Ovals. The sound level is where I want it, possibly too quiet now, just slightly above stock. It is deeper and throatier. The issues now are that it does not seem to have the snap it did when leaving a stop etc. Top end seems down a bit also. I don't have the funds to dyno again but I've bought a 12 disc tuning set. Any idea where to start? I like the idea of the closed cap, (which I don't have), but I don't want it any quieter. Should I tune so the volume is close to what it was but not quite so loud? Thanks for the help!!

If you are still tuned for the Rush true duals and Jackpot slip-ons, that might be the cause of having less horsepower and torque as you described when switching to the Fatshotz. To increase bottom end torque, try removing a couple of discs per muffler.

DeneFLHR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jrichards View Post
    If you are still tuned for the Rush true duals and Jackpot slip-ons, that might be the cause of having less horsepower and torque as you described when switching to the Fatshotz. To increase bottom end torque, try removing a couple of discs per muffler.
    Thanks for the input, appreciate all the help I can get. I just got back from a small ride after installing two more to make 12 per side. No difference in volume or performance. Might try going down to 8 per side like you mentioned. I really don't want to get the sound I like then have to dyno again at $450 per tune.

Are using the open end cap or the closed end cap with the Fatshotz?

DeneFLHR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jrichards View Post
    Are using the open end cap or the closed end cap with the Fatshotz?
    Open
    Thanks

do some vtunes off the cal you already have. that is the beuaty of the tts system you can get very close yourself without a dyno. Who dyno tuned it to begin with?

DeneFLHR Guest

Lonewolf Performance did the tune and with the Jackpots it was a rocket. Now it is much quieter, (have 15 discs / open end cap), and doesn't seem as perky as it did before.
    I spent a boatload of money getting it tuned and there is no way I could figure out the TTS system and attempt changes myself. The dyno tuner fellow wants $60 to see how these compare to the JP's. Think I will go for it and get some peace of mind. I figure if I've lost 15% tq and hp it is worth it for the nice sound I have now as opposed to the hollow tinny sound of the JP's

Quote Originally Posted by DeneFLHR View Post
    Lonewolf Performance did the tune and with the Jackpots it was a rocket. Now it is much quieter, (have 15 discs / open end cap), and doesn't seem as perky as it did before.
    I spent a boatload of money getting it tuned and there is no way I could figure out the TTS system and attempt changes myself. The dyno tuner fellow wants $60 to see how these compare to the JP's. Think I will go for it and get some peace of mind. I figure if I've lost 15% tq and hp it is worth it for the nice sound I have now as opposed to the hollow tinny sound of the JP's
    well you do have the best tuner in Lonewolf. I am trying to get up to see him soon. I wish it was easier to get to him tho lol. Over 700 miles one way and a ferry ride for me.
    I would try going 10 discs and open end cap. I have se 254's in my 103 and am using between 10-12 and open. Vtuning is actually not as hard as the instructions make them seem