Thread: db level of 2:1 SuperMegs compared to HD SE II Pro Slip-on's

Hybrid View

vornado Guest

Default db level of 2:1 SuperMegs compared to HD SE II Pro Slip-on's

How does the sound db level of the 2:1 SuperMegs compare to the HD Scream'n Eagle SE II Pro Slip-ons? This is in reference to the SE II Pro's which HD stopped selling back in 2005 /2006.

I'm currently running the SE II Pro's on a mostly stock '06 TC88 Softail and considering the impacts / benefits of a tunable exhaust.

Thanks.
    Last edited by vornado; 11-28-2010 at 12:23 AM.

bschultz Guest

The SE's are 2-3 db's over stock, expect an additional 2-3 db's with the 2:1 SuperTrapp SuperMeg.

vornado Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    The SE's are 2-3 db's over stock, expect an additional 2-3 db's with the 2:1 SuperTrapp SuperMeg.
    Wow, I thought the SE's were more than 2 - 3 db's over. Seems louder than that.

What options are available for a 2:1 pipe that can be tuned somewhere between stock and the SE II Pros? I've been running them for nearly five years and would like to quiet it down some, but not go all the way back to stock.

Thank you.

bschultz Guest

The packing in mufflers will deteriorate over time resulting in more sound, which you may be experiencing with your SE's.
    You might want to look at our "Silent Series"; however these units are very close to stock.

ajaya Guest

Hey, I have also been searching for this for a very long time. I have been facing this problem of increased sound in my SEs for some time now. Apart from going for the Silent series, I am really looking forward to a good solution from you. Thanks in advance.

ajaya Guest

Thanks for the info
    Last edited by ajaya; 01-10-2011 at 07:40 AM.