Thread: Internal Disc slip-ons for 2011 FXDC + K&N air filter

bluefxdc Guest

Smile Internal Disc slip-ons for 2011 FXDC + K&N air filter

Hi,

I just got a new 2011 FXDC. All stock; I plan to replace the stock muffler with Supertrapp Internal Disc Series slip-ons 628-78088 (I think that is the part number for 2011 FXDC).

1. Do I have to get a fuel mgmt system such as Power Commander or Fuelpak when installing the Internal Disc slip-ons?

2. If I replace the stock air filter with K&N air filter HD-9608 and install the Internal Disc slip-ons, do I have to get a fuel mgmt system?

3. What is the quietest set-up for the Internal Disc slip-ons?

4. Are there any other Supertrapp models that I should consider for the nice deep thumping sound (but not too loud)?

Thank you.

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bluefxdc View Post
    Hi,

I just got a new 2011 FXDC. All stock; I plan to replace the stock muffler with Supertrapp Internal Disc Series slip-ons 628-78088 (I think that is the part number for 2011 FXDC).

1. Do I have to get a fuel mgmt system such as Power Commander or Fuelpak when installing the Internal Disc slip-ons?
    No

2. If I replace the stock air filter with K&N air filter HD-9608 and install the Internal Disc slip-ons, do I have to get a fuel mgmt system?
    No

3. What is the quietest set-up for the Internal Disc slip-ons?
    You can run the 8-10 discs (per side) with the Internal Disc S/O's and the sound level will be slightly louder than stock

4. Are there any other Supertrapp models that I should consider for the nice deep thumping sound (but not too loud)?
    The 2:1 SuperTrapp SuperMeg is our best performer without being offensive to the ear...nice deep throaty sound.

Thank you.
    Last edited by bschultz; 11-23-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: errors

bluefxdc Guest

Thank you for your rapid response.

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    The Super Elites or SE's, P/N 128-65117 and the FatShots, P/N 728-71576 are worth looking at.

pretty sure the128- 65117's are touring mufflers and he is on a FXDC