Thread: 4" closed end caps question

STclueless Guest

Default 4" closed end caps question

I just bought a set of the HD Fatshots, which has the open end caps. I want to go with closed end caps, so I'm debating between the 402-3046 aluminum end caps or the 406-3046 stainless steel end caps. I saw that 402-3046 has an end cap defuser included, is it the 406-3046? I think I might stay with the black trim ring that comes with the HD mufflers, but I figured I could have the option of going with the milled aluminum if I went with the 402-3046. If I bought the 402-3046, can the defuser that comes with that kit work with the HD trim rings?

bschultz Guest

P/N 402-3046 is the same end-cap set up as used on the 4" Aluminum Racng Series mufflers. It includes an UNLETTERED stainless steel end cap (defuser); where as P/N 406-3046 IS LETTTERED. Both of the stainless steel end-caps are compatible with the "black trim ring".

Quote Originally Posted by STclueless View Post
    I just bought a set of the HD Fatshots, which has the open end caps. I want to go with closed end caps, so I'm debating between the 402-3046 aluminum end caps or the 406-3046 stainless steel end caps. I saw that 402-3046 has an end cap defuser included, is it the 406-3046? I think I might stay with the black trim ring that comes with the HD mufflers, but I figured I could have the option of going with the milled aluminum if I went with the 402-3046. If I bought the 402-3046, can the defuser that comes with that kit work with the HD trim rings?

The SE Fatshotz has ten discs and a open end cap,, So when you install a closed end cap do you need to install 12 more discs , making a total of 22 discs and a closed end cap??

bschultz Guest

Yes, 10-12, If you want the same exhaust flow rate as you had with the open end cap.