Thread: 2009 H-D FLHTC 96" how many....

Default 2009 H-D FLHTC 96" how many....

Been using Supermegs slip ons for years.

My Evo 80" motor likes 17 discs right, 12 discs left. Good tuning and good torque vs HP characteristics.

New Bike coming, will put the Supermegs on stock headers.

No catalytics in header, 96" stock everything, except hi flow Air cleaner.
    Will have the SERT done.

Anyone suggest a guideline for discs?

I figure someone has already done all the hard work for me.

Thanks, Mike

Dealer wants me to move away from Supertrapp, easier to make this decision if I can get some expert help here.

What does Supertrapp recommend for 2009 touring, 96" stock cams, no cat, closed loop, hi flow cleaner and screaming eagle race tuner.

stock headers with supermeg slip ons.

number of discs per side?
    Last edited by mkguitar; 10-13-2010 at 04:43 AM.

bschultz Guest

Try your 80" set up, then try jumping up a couple discs at a time until your bottom end torque starts to suffer.

Default flow numbers? Calculations?

Hasn't Supertrapp done flow calculations for each number of discs in a stack?

These figures could be very useful for customers, especially if Supertrapp were to flow other common pipes, or factory pipes and publish those numbers.

My problem ( I if I am in error, point it out) is that the EFI system will respond somewhat to changes in the exhaust tract.
    - and the exhaust tract can also be changed.

Maybe that means that the EFI will auto-correct if I make an error with disc number, or maybe that means I can set the discs for the torque/HP response I desire- and the EFI will make sure that the motor responds optimally.

What's your experience?

Thanks, Mike

bschultz Guest

We are an after market pipe manufacturer, and yes we do have test information for developing OUR performance pipes.
    Your thoughts are logical; however there are way to many variables, intake combo's, cam grinds, fuel management options, the combinations are endless, which ALL affect the end results.
    There is a reason why good "Tuners" are sought after.

SOwens Guest

See my previous post.

I have 12 disc each side with a MasterTune TTS system on my Ultra SE 110. I would say 9-10 disc is a good starting point for a 96. You wont believe the power !! If you want loud go with the open caps, they = 10 disc.

I would also consider the TTS over the SERT. The TTS has no EPA regs like the SERT.