Thread: pro pipe vs supermegs

sloridr Guest

Question pro pipe vs supermegs

Hello i wrote you some email a month or so ago. I have a 1994 flhtcu with a 124" s&s motor installed. I have been running a 2 into 1 pro pipe for about two years and works great, I have been looking into the 828-71453 of yours and wonder with i pic up the same bluing effect where the two headers meet onto the tail section of the pipe. Also how much quiter with i expect from your supertrapp pipe because i am just tired of the noise, i would like to hear my radio at least half volume. thanks rr1200

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sloridr View Post
    Hello i wrote you some email a month or so ago. I have a 1994 flhtcu with a 124" s&s motor installed. I have been running a 2 into 1 pro pipe for about two years and works great, I have been looking into the 828-71453 of yours and wonder with i pic up the same bluing effect where the two headers meet onto the tail section of the pipe. Also how much quiter with i expect from your supertrapp pipe because i am just tired of the noise, i would like to hear my radio at least half volume. thanks rr1200
    All chrome will begin to discolor between 800-900 degrees. Bluing 3-6"s from the heads is pretty normal (may be a little more on hipo motors). If you are experiancing bluing beyond that point you should question your tuner.
    The larger the motor, the more performance mods you make, the louder the exhaust note. I can not tell you how much quieter the SuperTrapp will be, however I feel confident that the SuperTrapp SuperMeg is the quietest 2:1 performance system on the market today.

sloridr Guest

Default Hello again

Thanks for the help and i agree you never know the sound on the big bores.
    I have been running a 2 into 1 on my fxrt 1985 for 15 yrs i think? It is a stainless steel type and I have to say Has been the best thing i could had ever put on. Bike has never been apart and has 120,000 on it and still getting 50 miles a gallon with your performance of your pipe. That is why I am looking at the change for my ultra, wont ever get the mileage or the miles on the motor but I am sure it will help quite abit. Thanks for the answers js