Thread: SE Fatshotz

Default SE Fatshotz

Ok, This is what I want to try,,,I have a 2009 Ultra with/out a Cat in the head pipe

If I install 20-22 Discs in the right side Muffler with a Closed END/CAP and install 7 Discs with Closed END/CAP ,,

Will this give me MORE of a 2 into 1 performance or let's say better low/midrange or should I try 10-12 discs with open end cap right side and Just the open end cap with NO discs on the left,,

Please add any and all info you think might help as far as MORE low/midrange power,, and sound???

bschultz Guest

I think your idea is sound and you have a worthy experiment. The "open" end cap for streetable purposes provides more sound.

First I want to say THANKS,,, I do have some questions before I start,,

1.What's the most # of discs I can install in the right side SE Fatshotz Muffler?

2.What's the least # of discs you would recommend for the left muffler

Ok please tell me what you think of this; Sence I'm trying to get as close as I can to 2 into 1 performance
    1.I want as much exhaust comming out of the right side as I can get with out any damange to the motor,So If I install as many discs as I can with a Open/End Cap on the right side.( let me know how many)

2.Now the left,, Let's say install 3 discs (let me know how many) then add a Closed/End Cap then add enought discs on top of the Closed End Cap to equal the same amount on the right side then add the Open/End Cap,,, This should make both mufflers look the same from the rear.

Will this get me what I.m looking for or would you do something different like using only Closed /End Caps ??

bschultz Guest

The '09-10 Touring model OEM headpipes join 1.75" primaries into a single collector (where both front and rear cylinder exhaust gases mingle) then exit two 1.75" pipes, one to the left, one to the right.
    You could block off the left side completely and in essence have a 2:1 like some of the stock 2010 models. On the other hand that might not be such a good idea (ALL 2011 models are back to 2:2). 6 discs on the left would seem reasonable; however 3 seems excessive.
    The FatShotZ have a 2" core, which means with 18-20 discs and a closed end cap you should be at flow capacity. So that should be your max on the right.

TNBreeze Guest

Cool 2011 Exhaust

Actually the 2011 Electra Glides still have the 2-1-2 exhaust and I assume the catalyst also. The Street Glide and Road Glides went from the 2-1 back to 2-2. I don't know if they ditched the catalyst altogether, added it to each headpipe, or included it in the muffler.

bschultz Guest

Your correct, I meant 2:1:2 and the catalyst IS still in the headpipe.