Thread: BMW K75S system

RickyG Guest

Default BMW K75S system

Hello:
    I just aquired a 1988 BMW K75S with a Supertrapp system (muffler?) on it. I see a serial, or model number of 027-8750. This really looks like an entire system, either that or someone did a wonderful job of welding the header tubes/collector to the muffler.
    I've looked over the site and do not see this model, or much mention of BMW k bikes. I'm hoping to find out more about the system and see if the replacement parts, such as the packing are still available.

Thank you:
    Rick G.
    Littleton, Colorado

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RickyG View Post
    Hello:
    I just aquired a 1988 BMW K75S with a Supertrapp system (muffler?) on it. I see a serial, or model number of 027-8750. This really looks like an entire system, either that or someone did a wonderful job of welding the header tubes/collector to the muffler.
    I've looked over the site and do not see this model, or much mention of BMW k bikes. I'm hoping to find out more about the system and see if the replacement parts, such as the packing are still available.

Thank you:
    Rick G.
    Littleton, Colorado
    P/N 027-8750 is the muffler body component part number for a discontinued Super-Lite Stainless system (P/N 825-80750) for the the BMW K75 '86-92. The SuperLite Stainless Series are 4" internal disc units. If you remove the (cosmetic) turn down end-cap off the muffler you will find a disc assembly. The core/packing were made to be servicable. One or two buttonhead screws on the outside of the muffler body secure the core assembly. The cores are a tight fit and can be stubborn to remove on older used units. Patience, a make shift puller and a lot of PB Blaster (penatrating oil) are good to have when attempting this job. We do have repack kits, however any good quality muffler packing will work.