Thread: Replacement heat shield kits

stu50uk Guest

Default Replacement heat shield kits

What heat shield kit would I need for my Supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust fitted to my 2003 Harley Davidson FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport.

I have enclosed a picture (see above) to help with identification of the exhaust system. As you can see no heat shields are fitted and I require some to stop burning my right foot.

The only part number I can find, is on the exhaust muffler (silencer) hanging bracket, which is: 027-7354

I tried using the sales@supertrapp.com e-mail address, but have had no reply.

bschultz Guest

email response 5/5;

Stuart,

You are looking for 3 piece heatshield kit P/N 408-7355…MSRP $449.00 USD.

Contact our European Distributors for a dealer near you

www.custom-chrome-europe.com

www.zodiac.nl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:07 AM
    To: SuperTrapp Sales
    Subject: Supertrapp heat shields for 2 into 1 exhaust.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to enquire about a heat shield kit for my Supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust fitted to my 2003 Harley Davidson FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport.

I have enclosed a picture (Harley.jpg) to help with identification of the exhaust system. As you can see no heat shields are fitted and I require some to stop burning my right foot.

The only part number I can find, is on the exhaust muffler (silencer) hanging bracket, which is: 027-7354

I live in Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom. Do I order direct from you? Or if not, who is my local dealer?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Stuart Brown.
    Last edited by bschultz; 05-13-2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: add info

stu50uk Guest

Thank you for the reply.

stu50uk Guest

Got the Supertrapp 3 piece heat-shield kit P/N 408-7355, as suggested.

Can't get it to fit!

The rear heat-shield fits good from the cylinder exhaust port to the forward bend, but is over half an inch out when it gets down to the muffler heat-shield.

The front heat shield fits better, but doesn't lay right at the front cylinder exhaust port and there is a gap at the muffler heat-shield.

I have tried for slackening all the jubilee clips and realigning everything. It just looks like the kit is the wrong one?

What do you suggest?

bschultz Guest

Did we get the part number off the headpipe?

Alixolson Guest

hey
    you supertrap is so super .its internal and exterlnal ability is showing in pic.i am looking for 3 piece heatshield kit P/N 408-7355
    so coooooooool
    thanks

bschultz Guest

Since the 2007 posting the heatshield kit mentioned has been discontinued and is no longer available.