Thread: Ugrading to Mikuni Baffles

WLLRDQN Guest

Default Ugrading to Mikuni Baffles

Can the Supertrapp HD Touring Slip-ons, PN 12878020 be upgraded to the same specifications as the Mikuni PAT model PN 12878045 by the substitution of these baffles: PN 100-785?

bschultz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WLLRDQN View Post
    Can the Supertrapp HD Touring Slip-ons, PN 12878020 be upgraded to the same specifications as the Mikuni PAT model PN 12878045 by the substitution of these baffles: PN 100-785?
    Yes, the muffler dimensions are the same. The core assemblies and end-caps are interchangable. The replacement Mikuni core is P/N 100-7857.

bschultz Guest

The Mikuni cores are the loudest, freest flowing baffles we have for the Kerker family of mufflers. If you choose these cores we highly recommend seeking out a tuner who is experianced with them.

n2358 Guest

I am replacing my Mikuni core with the K-3's. Got them today and they came with a loose 1.5" x 2" reducer. What is it for?

Thanks?

bschultz Guest

The baffles can be also be used with '94 & earlier models which had a smaller diameter muffler inlet (1.5"). '94 & later 1.75".

n2358 Guest

Default baffle 100-7580

I have the K3 100-7580 in my Kerker's

Do you offer another baffle that is a couple of DB softer?

Thanks

bschultz Guest

You have a couple options;
    The SE (Super Elite) replacement core, P/N 100-65115
    or
    The Double Espresso replacement core, P/N 100-7801

DB levels and sound are comparable (2-4 db's overstock & lower in pitch than the Kerker K-3); however the DBL ESP's are serviceable/repackable as are the K-3's.

n2358 Guest

Default Thank you

Can you point me in a direction to purchase the Double Espresso replacement core, P/N 100-7801.

I have checked the Fatbook on line and didn't get a hit and you do not list in in your online store.

Thank

bschultz Guest

This is a direct order replacement core. You or your dealer can contact our Customer Service Department to place an order.