Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: screaming eagles vs. Fatshots

tstidfole Guest

Default screaming eagles vs. Fatshots

Hello, I need a little assistance on deciding on whether to order the screaming eagle version or right from Supertrapp, what i am looking for is not to quiet but an aggressive growl from the pipe, i understand harley has 10 discs and Supertrapp has 12 on each side i like the closed end cap as well, looks tough! I think the polished end caps are better than the harley black, this brings me to one last question i watched the video and a rep was holding the pipe and it had a very nice polished end cap and closed end is that what comes with it or this is optional what he was holding in the video? thanks for your help.
    Last edited by tstidfole; 03-28-2010 at 10:34 PM.

bschultz Guest

You didn't mention the model/year of your bike; however, briefly the "open" end cap will provide more sound than the "closed" end cap and yes the SuperTrapp FatShots come with the "closed" polished end-cap.

tstidfole Guest

Default sorry about that

That would probaly help, its a 2009 bone stock street glide.

bschultz Guest

The SuperTrapp FatShots will provide a nice deep throaty sound, nothing obnoxious. Again, the HD FatSHOTZ will provide even more sound with the "open" end cap.

tstidfole Guest

Thanks for the speedy reply! one more question? if i go with the Supertrapp version and opt to take off the closed end cap, it will have a more aggressive note than the the HD version? thanks!

bschultz Guest

If you change out the "closed" end-cap on the SuperTrapps with an "open" end-cap it will be comparable to the HD SE version.

tstidfole Guest

Default one more qusetion

i ordered the pipes last night directly from Supertrap. one more question. When i get the pipes do i simply just take out the closed end cap (it is just a disk bowl?) and bolt everything back together and it is now set up like the screaming eagle fatshots? or do i have to purchase a open end cap from the catalog? i am to assume that once i take off the closed end cap and reinstall the trim ring i now have a SE fatshotz setup? i want to make it just like the SE fatshotz come from the factory. (however i will probaly like more sound) thanks
    Last edited by tstidfole; 03-31-2010 at 01:45 PM.

bschultz Guest

The "trim" rings function is cosmetic; it does nothing to control the exhaust flow. The end caps, closed or open, force the exhaust (or part of the exhaust in the case of the open end-cap) through the diffuser discs.

tstidfole Guest

got it! so i dont need to purchase anything, simply take it out. i will have them in my hands tomorrow so i will see what i am looking at. thanks!

bschultz Guest

No...The trim ring is cosmetic, it's NOT a disc, and it’s NOT an end-cap. The SuperTrapp FatShots come with a "closed" end cap; open end-caps are an option (purchased separately).