Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VRSCDX.. Tune Needed

Bumbobee Guest

Hey, I managed to clean my discs, they look good again.

Quick question just to clarify the discs and end cap. Right now I am running 12 discs + end cap, but I'd like to run "open end cap and maybe 2 discs". Would that equal around 12-14 discs?

Just to clarify, the end cap is the one that is solid all around? The one that blocks the view into the actual muffler if you looked at it from the back? I'm a bit confused because my assumption is to put on 2-3 discs + the nice ring cap at the back?

Thanks,

bschultz Guest

Yes to everything except the last question.

If you have an "open" end-cap you can put it on with NO discs and have the same exhaust flow as 10-12 discs and a "closed" end cap.

The "NICE" ring is strictly cosmetic, it's just a "NICE" ring. It's NOT a disc and it's NOT an end-cap and has NOTHING to do with flow.

Bumbobee Guest

^ Where can I buy open end caps then and what are my options? Are they sold in pairs or each one seperate?

bschultz Guest

Our website lists the 4" open end cap(s) under 4" disc accessories. These items can be ordered via your local dealer.

Bumbobee Guest

Hey bschultz,

Would this end cap fit? Are there any pictures of it? Also does it come in pairs or is each one seperate?

OPEN END CAP, 4", 6-BOLT, SS: BLACK 405-3047 $37.50

chainstretcher Guest

I have an '08 VRSCDX that came with Supertrapp Fatshots. Bought it used from a dealer so it didn't come with end caps or extra discs. Currently I'm running a PC5 with autotune (it's da bomb I tell ya) and that got rid of all the decel popping. My only issue is the thing is sooooo frickin loud -- open airbox doesn't help either.

Here's a pic of what it looks like:

What do I need to order (and where) to quiet it down a bit but retain the same power. Cause the thing runs sweet

Edit: I see your BB doesn't resize ... sorry for the huge pic ... at work now and not able to resize ..

bschultz Guest

You're pipes are wide open in the picture. If you have any discs attached they are not doing anything because you are NOT running an end cap.
    This would be equal to about 24-26 discs with a closed end-cap or 12-14 discs with an open end-cap. The closed end-cap will get you the least amount of sound.
    If you want to run even quieter by reducing the number of discs you will most likely need to "retune".

chainstretcher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    You're pipes are wide open in the picture. If you have any discs attached they are not doing anything because you are NOT running an end cap.
    This would be equal to about 24-26 discs with a closed end-cap or 12-14 discs with an open end-cap. The closed end-cap will get you the least amount of sound.
    If you want to run even quieter by reducing the number of discs you will most likely need to "retune".
    So an open end cap and 12-14 discs each would give me approximately the same performance. Would it reduce the sound at all? Where do I order the stuff and do you have part numbers?

I'm not worried about retuning as the PC5 does that with the wide band sensors.

Thanks for your help

Bumbobee Guest

Hey bschultz, sorry to bug you but did you read my post above? I just want to know what I need to order...

bschultz Guest

Yes, the disc assembly, along with the end caps, will reduce the sound (closed end-cap even more).
    You can order 4” disc accessories via our webstore at the website;
    P/N 404-6512, 12 pack 4” discs
    P/N 404-3046, open end cap
    P/N 406-3046, closed end cap