Thread: VRSCDX.. Tune Needed

Hybrid View

Bahraini_VRSCDX Guest

Default VRSCDX.. Tune Needed

Hey,

I have a 09DX with supertrapp fatshots. Im currently running on SE Pro Super tuner with SE Filter.

Was wondering if i could get my hand on a tune/map for this setup. The problem is that i cant get my hand on a dyno nearby.

I wanna run on 12 disks with closed end caps. but even and open end cap would do!

Thanx

bschultz Guest

We did not do any tuning with the SE Pro-Tuner with the FatShots and Night Rod. With a stock machine we found the best performance with 8-10 discs per muffler.

Bahraini_VRSCDX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bschultz View Post
    We did not do any tuning with the SE Pro-Tuner with the FatShots and Night Rod. With a stock machine we found the best performance with 8-10 discs per muffler.
    ok. any advice?

im running on this setup:

Open end cap (no disks)
    SE Filter
    Scream Eagle Pro Super Tuner

im getting serious popping(backfiring). and advice or solution since im running on a basic stage 1 tune provided by our local HD dealer?

bschultz Guest

Sounds like you may be running lean. You can increase the fuel or try reducing the number of discs. I would think 12-14 discs with a closed end-cap would be about right for your set-up. An open end-cap is equal to 10-12 dicsc.

Bahraini_VRSCDX Guest

whats the difference between:
    12 disks with closed end cap?
    no disks with open end cap(the stock one that comes the trapps)?
    Last edited by Bahraini_VRSCDX; 03-25-2010 at 11:34 AM.

bschultz Guest

They would be close to the same exhaust flow; however the units that come out of the factory do not come with an "open" end-cap. If you are talking the billet aluminum "trim" ring, there would be NO restriction and you would be flowing the core which would be equivalent to 24-26 discs and the closed end-cap.